The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Boston Bruins | Nov. 28, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, Ilunga said:

I was very privileged to be a semi- professional athlete so it pisses me off to see people who very probably have never put 100 percent into anything in their lives,people like this are rare,bag out guys that have.

I get that people feel passionately about our team,so do I  however some of the crap I read,posters really demeaning our players and staff sickens me and lessens them.

It's unreal.    

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

2 hours ago, AC30 said:

Yup Sutter proving its a coaching / systems problem not a talent problem.

its shocking - absolutely and completely 

remember how lacklustre the flames were - without a rudder 

not anymore

its so clear what our problem is

JB and Green must be replaced by tried and true leadership with a clear winning vision and who know how to do it and CAN do it. 

‘Nuff said 

A new coach isn't going to make us play like a contender (Calgary) - ...team needs our Sutter back so badly, another PK loss last night.   Thats 5/6 games now that we should have come out with one point if our PK was 80% or so.    I do agree it's time for a change.   Starting with a new President one who will keep Aqua out of the day to day with the next GM.   Losing all these one goal games must be gut wrenching for the players, same with losing a game where they out worked them like early in Detroit and recently.   PK is more on JB then TG, I agree with Hansen, the problem is the players more then "systems"...add that and EP/BB not playing nearly close to their par line, it's no wonder we aren't anywhere.    TG biggest impact is who he gives the minutes to, and with whom.      Those two have probably lost those two guys (JB/TG)their jobs for not producing.    If a new coach is what makes them finally get it together so be it...not sure it will matter much if our PK doesn't have Sutter and Motte at the same time though ... 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 3

46 minutes ago, IBatch said:

A new coach isn't going to make us play like a contender (Calgary) - ...team needs our Sutter back so badly, another PK loss last night.   Thats 5/6 games now that we should have come out with one point if our PK was 80% or so.    I do agree it's time for a change.   Starting with a new President one who will keep Aqua out of the day to day with the next GM.   Losing all these one goal games must be gut wrenching for the players, same with losing a game where they out worked them like early in Detroit and recently.   PK is more on JB then TG, I agree with Hansen, the problem is the players more then "systems"...add that and EP/BB not playing nearly close to their par line, it's no wonder we aren't anywhere.    TG biggest impact is who he gives the minutes to, and with whom.      Those two have probably lost those two guys (JB/TG)their jobs for not producing.    If a new coach is what makes them finally get it together so be it...not sure it will matter much if our PK doesn't have Sutter and Motte at the same time though ... 

If the team needs Sutter that badly then the roster is $&!#. He is a 4th line guy at this point. 

If Green would look at his roster and adjust the PK to play a bit more in your face he has several guys who could probably be decent pk options. Hoglander, Garland, hell even Podkolzin. Benning could have replaced Sutter when he knew he wouldn’t be back. He could have replaced him off waivers too a few times but didn’t because Green wants useless guys like Chiasson and Dowling. They need a third faceoff guy for sure. But they need coaches who can adjust to their roster even more desperately. 

8 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

If the team needs Sutter that badly then the roster is $&!#. He is a 4th line guy at this point. 

If Green would look at his roster and adjust the PK to play a bit more in your face he has several guys who could probably be decent pk options. Hoglander, Garland, hell even Podkolzin. Benning could have replaced Sutter when he knew he wouldn’t be back. He could have replaced him off waivers too a few times but didn’t because Green wants useless guys like Chiasson and Dowling. They need a third faceoff guy for sure. But they need coaches who can adjust to their roster even more desperately. 

Lol.   Team needs more then that.   It needs a decent pool, and it needs EP and BB to play better then they ever have yet.   Which kind of is the expectation at some point isn't it?

For sure Sutter will help them on the PK, even Motte has made an impact since he returned ... who would have thought ... AR/Beagle and even LE had some value ... A few of us did anyways - said as much the last two years (not that LE cap and these guys as well didn't cripple us because they for sure did).   

On coaching.   If EP/BB and the PK were just their average selves ... none of this would be discussed right now.    If a new coach comes in and it clicks so be it.   But i'm not expecting the moon from a coaching change like some seem to think is the biggest or only issue.  Those three thing are the difference in TG job this year and for sure he also has a hand in it. 

Edited by IBatch

2 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Lol.   Team needs more then that.   It needs a decent pool, and it needs EP and BB to play better then they ever have yet.   Which kind of is the expectation at some point isn't it?

Watching EP and Boeser be expected to play dump and chase is like suggesting Gretzky should play like an enforcer to be successful.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, alucard said:

Having a season like this is soooo damaging to the young core, I think last season did a toll on this team and broke them and this season will do more damage,

Francesco doesn't care.  Are they selling tickets and merchandise?  That's all he cares about.

2 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Does watching a kid I grew up with die on the football field while we were playing a game of footy when I was 14 qualify as enough suffering for you ?

Does watching one of my friends dangling from the rope he hung himself with 2 weeks before our joint 21st birthday party qualify as enough suffering for you ?

Losing  many friends to suicide over the period of my life qualify as enough suffering for you ?

You are so glib behind your keyboard mocking others.

That sucks, but it doesn't justify you coming here and crapping on someone that's upset the team isn't doing well just because there are worse things in the world.

People are bothered by trivial things all the time. Hell, the fact that you're bothered by the fact that people are upset the team isn't doing well is in and of itself a trivial thing to be bothered by.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, IBatch said:

For sure Sutter will help them on the PK, even Motte has made an impact since he returned ... who would have thought ... AR/Beagle and even LE had some value ... A few of us did anyways - said as much the last two years (not that LE cap and these guys as well didn't cripple us because they for sure did).   

On coaching.   If EP/BB and the PK were just their average selves ... none of this would be discussed right now.    If a new coach comes in and it clicks so be it.   But i'm not expecting the moon from a coaching change like some seem to think is the biggest or only issue.  Those three thing are the difference in TG job this year and for sure he also has a hand in it. 

Another game where the Canucks outworked their competition. Whatever the outcome for Travis Green his roster hasn't quit on him. For me the question becomes whether this group, even if they come out of this slump, can be CUP competitors? Slumps are healthy in that they truly expose where the biggest weaknesses are. Clearly a run and gun offence might enjoy regular season success but playoffs usually shut down their offence to the point that a physical game can beat them. This is where the Canucks are now. Their offence has deserted them and they have no other game to fall back on. Combine that with a d-core that is simply not good enough. In the Boston game they go into the 3rd up 1 goal. Absolutely critical as a team that they bring the game home as a win. While the team played a better physical game they continued to try higher risk passes and even pinches into the 3rd. 

What coaching cathartic process occurred which changed their d-zone coverage to attacking the puck carrier versus dropping into a zone coverage? IMHO the change worked well and even led to 2 breakaways. Why 21 games to explore that option? 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

That sucks, but it doesn't justify you coming here and crapping on someone that's upset the team isn't doing well just because there are worse things in the world.

People are bothered by trivial things all the time. Hell, the fact that you're bothered by the fact that people are upset the team isn't doing well is in and of itself a trivial thing to be bothered by.

E5E51466-6E63-4D0C-BBE9-4A4ADF86D765.jpeg

• Haha 3

I'm done.. been a nucks fan since Bure came on the scene. This is by far the $&!#test display of "hockey" I've ever seen this team put on the ice. Absolutely disgusting. I'm out until changes are made. I'm gonna tune into avs/ Vegas games.  Good luck watching this bull$&!#.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Totally.

However it's the same $@$_ recycled game after game. 

I thought we had made some good trades,brought some good players in to bolster our team.... just like many posters had.

Now many of those same posters are whining like it's the end of the world.

Are you a professional athlete ?

Do you know what it takes to even be playing at this level.

The sacrifices these players and their families made as they were growing up just to get the opportunity to play in the NHL and a bunch of keyboard warriors abuse them ? 

I think Green should go to however the hate I see that is directed at him is shameful.

I get your point, and it's a good one. Some posts are definitely over the top.

However, with some people on these boards being so emotionally invested in the Canucks, venting is to be expected, especially with this team performing far below expectations.

I want Green gone, I don't think he's a good coach, but I don't hate him. I would hazard a guess that in all of Canuckville, there are very, very few fans that actually legitimately hate him.

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, Vermette9 said:

I'm done.. been a nucks fan since Bure came on the scene. This is by far the $&!#test display of "hockey" I've ever seen this team put on the ice. Absolutely disgusting. I'm out until changes are made. I'm gonna tune into avs/ Vegas games.  Good luck watching this bull$&!#.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out - and see you next game, be if it's this handle or another once you come to your senses.   If you can ignore the rest of the season, and just counted this game ... it wouldn't be happy from the outcome but you'd be saying at least they tried.   These guys are still trying. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 2