The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Senators | 4:30 Pacific on SN "Hey, they actually won last game" Edition

Rate this topic

MattJVD

1 hour ago, Patel Bure said:

1) He made up the lockerroom rift rumors between Miller and Horvat.

2) A few years back, he completely fabricated a story that Benning wanted Cody Glass over Pettersson at the 2017 draft.

Which clearly are comparable to using a horrible tragedy outside of hockey as an excuse to slag on the team.

You don’t know if either of those things are/were actually true. 

Edited by wallstreetamigo
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Totally. I can't think of a single forward that would readily and steadily jump in and fight any other player to defend their teammates.

Vinny Arsenault down on the farm would do it in a heart beat. He can skate pretty well and hold his own defensively. I honestly think he could handle MacEwans spot and play 5-7 mins a night. But maybe i'm just blind by my love for this guys toughness. There isn't an AHL team out there that doesn't know who this guy is.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Vinny Arsenault down on the farm would do it in a heart beat. He can skate pretty well and hold his own defensively. I honestly think he could handle MacEwans spot and play 5-7 mins a night. But maybe i'm just blind by my love for this guys toughness. There isn't an AHL team out there that doesn't know who this guy is.

He looks like someone who'd enjoy punching faces real good. 

Vincent-comet-utica-e1568838205413.jpg

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, PuckYa said:

We had 2.  Gadjovich & Big Macewan. One of which is & taken on some of the toughest guys in the NHL & only improving. Also is able to make a team that is better than ours...???

With those 2 & Schenn we were very capable & willing to handle most or any situation. 

Now we are looking for a new Macewan when we spent 5 years developing him......... 

Mad Sports Bar GIF by Originals

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Don't remember toxic media being such a talking point during the Gillis years.

Put some adults in charge, have a good team, and the rest will take care of itself.

that's because during the gillis era the media were actually trained professionals who went to school for journalism, not just hockey fans with the ability to sign up to create a free blog and inflated senses of self worth. 

Edited by tas
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, tas said:

that's because during the gillis era the media were actually trained professionals who went to school for journalism, not just hockey fans with the ability to sign up to create a free blog and inflated senses of self worth. 

Majority of the people covering the team now did then, or at least were in the media business at the time.

13 minutes ago, stawns said:

what happens here is not "calling" anyone out.  What happens here and what is reflected by the media is deeply toxic, unhinged, ridiculous entitled behaviour.  I wouldn't come to Van if I were a player either and not because of the media

Like you have said, it has nothing to do with being critical of the team's poor season or calling out a bad play; it's the personal stuff and outright lies I object to.

The media is constantly basing their stories on musings, speculations, rumours, and gossip with a huge lack of evidence.  Some fans buy these stories hook, line and sinker.  At that point, the media line slips into the realm of a possibility. 

16 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Like you have said, it has nothing to do with being critical of the team's poor season or calling out a bad play; it's the personal stuff and outright lies I object to.

The media is constantly basing their stories on musings, speculations, rumours, and gossip with a huge lack of evidence.  Some fans buy these stories hook, line and sinker.  At that point, the media line slips into the realm of a possibility. 

this fan base doesn't need the media to stoke them into toxicity, a large portion of us get there on our own.  Imo, it's actually the toxic fan base that fuels the toxic media, not the other way around.........the media is just a reflection of what many of the fans already spew

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, khay said:

lol

at least most fans can't do much damage. worst we can do is complain here or other forums. the media? are you kidding? rainbows and unicorns? the only place where they will look like rainbows and unicorns is in hell because they will have much worse people there.

the media is just a reflection of the much of the fan base 

• Cheers 4