The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Pittsburgh Penguins @ Vancouver Canucks | Saturday, December 4th, 2021 @ 7:00pm PST | CBC, SN

Rate this topic

goalie13

49 minutes ago, Quint said:

Let's hope Boeser gets another hattie v Pittsburgh. While Lemieux is my favourite player, how do the hockey gods let Pittsburgh have Lemieux and Jagr, then later in my lifetime Crosby and Malkin? Fook.

I guess Penguins are the hockey gods favorite team? Can't explain it any other way.

43 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I’d rather have Chiasson and Petan than Lammikko, Dowling, Highmore, etc.

Chiasson plays his role well. He’s a 4th liner crash and bang. He does what he’s supposed to do and I’m glad he’s not playing anywhere else but the 4th line. 

Petan besides that one Calgary game in the pre season was probably one of our best forwards, again. Pre season. 

Chiasson is doing better than Dickinson if I had to be honest. Dickinson is slow, doesn’t hit often, is not effective on the penalty kill, and can’t win face offs to save his life. If anything, he warrants far more criticism. Dickinson can’t even get a shot on net from 5 ft out. Chiasson at the very least provides physicality and that sound simple game he brings. 

Yeah, I don't want to bash one player too much but Lammikko isn't achieving much of anything. He reminds me of Loui Player Name, but fortunately, not paid 6 mil.

Chiasson is OK. He's bit slow but does what he is assigned.

Dickinson is struggling but I think (hope) he will be OK. I see signs of what he could bring once things start rolling. But yeah, his salary does call for more criticism. I think he gets paid more than Motte, that's gotta be a joke.

I was expecting Dickinson to be like Motte, maybe not as fast but defensively reliable and forechecks well and causes turnovers. Not even close.

3 minutes ago, appleboy said:

LOL

No one forced Jim to take Jake or OJ.    I was yelling at the TV in disbelief.  I was also stunned when they took Petey.  I think I said , "who" then " what the ****.   LOL

Ditto 

OJ.. was Linden still around? 

OJ was a pick off the board

out of the box 

A left field type pick. 

A pick for need instead of BPA

I still remember that sunny morning drinking my coffee and a glazed stare at the tv. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Ditto 

OJ.. was Linden still around? 

OJ was a pick off the board

out of the box 

A left field type pick. 

A pick for need instead of BPA

I still remember that sunny morning drinking my coffee and a glazed stare at the tv. 

What they should have done is taken a pole of the fans.

• Haha 1

Just now, Toyotasfan said:

The Penguins are responsible for the rest of the league having a draft lottery with Their documented intentional tanking.

The Leafs openly tanked, and almost bragged about it.  The Sabres tanked.  The Rags wrote a letter to their fans about tanking.  Betman said that teams are better off drafting high for a few years than being mediocre.  

I think US based teams can tank, because they don’t have so many rabid fans like the Canadian teams.  For us, our teams are our first love.  For the US teams the few fans they do have put hockey way down the list, after football, basketball, baseball, NASCAR, the shopping channel, etc.  The Leafs were lucky to have Lou Lam turn them around so fast, because it was getting really toxic there.  

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Actually, drafts are big moments for me as a fan. 

Before social media I used to stop by the Coliseum offices and pick up a print out. 

Me too. When they trade our first it is like they ripped my heart out. 

In 2016 I was hopping for Tkachuk or Surgachev.  OJ wasn't even on my list.     Petey wasn't on my list either. I thought he would too slight. Jim has done ok.

Just now, appleboy said:

Me too. When they trade our first it is like they ripped my heart out. 

In 2016 I was hopping for Tkachuk or Surgachev.  OJ wasn't even on my list.     Petey wasn't on my list either. I thought he would too slight. Jim has done ok.

Alf was all over Sergachev in that draft.  I liked that he was already over here.  Plus, he was a heavier guy, with skill, who laced with some physicality.  I preferred him to Tkatchuk actually.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Alf was all over Sergachev in that draft.  I liked that he was already over here.  Plus, he was a heavier guy, with skill, who laced with some physicality.  I preferred him to Tkatchuk actually.  

Sad looking back at that draft how we picked the one bust defenseman taken in the first 18 picks.

Sergachev, McAvoy, Chychrun, Bean, Stanley, Fabbro are all playing in the NHL. Benning could have randomly pulled a name out of a hat and made a better pick.

Lesson is never pick by positional need. If he had picked the BPA we would have taken Tkachuk 9 times out of 10.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1