The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Report: Canucks fire assistant GM Chris Gear and analytics director Jonathan Wall

Rate this topic

Dazzle

10 minutes ago, hockeyking said:

He's the owner and so he probably shouldn't be saying that but he ain't wrong. 

5 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I think its a shot right at iMac, who did write kind of a dumb article.

Ha, I'm glad he said something. These idiots need to be told right from the source that they're idiots so even they can't deny it. Go peddle your crap somewhere else.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Ha, I'm glad he said something. These idiots need to be told right from the source that they're idiots so even they can't deny it. Go peddle your crap somewhere else.

I like that our owner stands up for the club.  He’s expressing what us TRUE CANUCK FANS are feeling.  Go away you trolls.  That’s what he’s saying, and I appreciate that. 

Thank you mr. Aquilini person.  

I live downtown and roam the streets on my scooter, yet I never see this guy!  Makes me wonder.  Do I need knew glasses? :lol:

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Right, and this is something I do in real life. Because unless you make it clear, there are no boundaries. You have to absolutely define what you believe in and stand up for it.

• Vintage 2

Just now, BarnBurner said:

Right, and this is something I do in real life. Because unless you make it clear, there are no boundaries. You have to absolutely define what you believe in and stand up for it.

I don’t actually understand this,  it I think it’s club (and owner) positive.  

Go Aqua Ho!  

1 hour ago, lmm said:

OK that is a better swing than Tas took

but advisors are not the same as apprentices. 

Apprentices are more like Advisees, not advisors.

and if Stan and Doug were apprenticing under Jim Benning, you probably want to sweep them out as well.

Stan used to have jobs like minor league coach,

but  for the last several years, I don't know what he has to the credit to his resume.

Was he helping Benning make good decision?

making sure Benning didn't consolidate power and lose his way?

was he ensuring the Virtanens, Gaudettes, Brisbois were maturing into useful NHLers?

One thing I will say for Steamer is that he is the one guy that seemed to be advising Aquilini that changes needed to happen weeks ago and possibly as far back as the off-season. Aquilini didn’t agree and opted to be patient. According to Stan as the losses kept mounting he knew that he had to go back to Aquilini and push harder. Stan seemed to be one the few advisers that see that the team has no identity. At least this was my take from the Aquilini/Smyl press conference.

2 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

One thing I will say for Steamer is that he is the one guy that seemed to be advising Aquilini that changes needed to happen weeks ago and possibly as far back as the off-season. Aquilini didn’t agree and opted to be patient. According to Stan as the losses kept mounting he knew that he had to go back to Aquilini and push harder. Stan seemed to be one the few advisers that see that the team has no identity. At least this was my take from the Aquilini/Smyl press conference.

I agree with you there

I have to wonder about the fans that say 

1 I don't know what I am talking about

2 that Stan had distanced himself from the front office because he didn't agree with Benning

If Stan did as you say, reported his complaints then returned to push harder, that is good

if he was unwilling to take Benning on, then that is not so good.

which leads me back to my question, which is it/ what has he actually been doing/ what was Stan's role in the last decade?

7 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

One thing I will say for Steamer is that he is the one guy that seemed to be advising Aquilini that changes needed to happen weeks ago and possibly as far back as the off-season. Aquilini didn’t agree and opted to be patient. According to Stan as the losses kept mounting he knew that he had to go back to Aquilini and push harder. Stan seemed to be one the few advisers that see that the team has no identity. At least this was my take from the Aquilini/Smyl press 

That's your opinion granted, but frankly that's a lot of speculation. Any source other than "According to Stan"?

59 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

No wonder you have these concerns when you completely fabricate stories like this in your own head. You also don't run a half a Billion dollar enterprise with clichés. That's not at all a reason to randomly fire people without evaluating them or the position individually. You know it would actually benefit you to know what you're talking about first before you point out the problems and solutions. It tends to work better that way. :lol:

what have I fabricated

3 minutes ago, lmm said:

I agree with you there

I have to wonder about the fans that say 

1 I don't know what I am talking about

2 that Stan had distanced himself from the front office because he didn't agree with Benning

If Stan did as you say, reported his complaints then returned to push harder, that is good

if he was unwilling to take Benning on, then that is not so good.

which leads me back to my question, which is it/ what has he actually been doing/ what was Stan's role in the last decade?

You’ve got me there. Who among us really know what the worker bees do in the background? It’s similar to the firing of Wall and Gear in that some say that’s great while others see it as a bad move. I couldn’t tell ya if they are good, bad or indifferent at their jobs, all I can say is that in all this turmoil nobody should be considered untouchable. That might be no consolation for those that lose their jobs but it’s hard to argue that it’s unfair.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I don’t actually understand this,  it I think it’s club (and owner) positive.  

Go Aqua Ho!  

The point is, whether it's Aqua, you, me or anyone, we have to confront and speak up, which is what Aquaman did regarding iMac's BS nagativity article.

7 minutes ago, Ajax- said:

That's your opinion granted, but frankly that's a lot of speculation. Any source other than "According to Stan"?

No, and I fully admitted that was my takeaway from what Stan said while sitting next to Aquilini at the press conference.  Stan did say that Aqua didn’t agree with all his advice and Aqua did say that maybe he was too patient. Stan also said that after one of the losses that he felt he had  to go back to Aqua again. My take is if that’s true, what did Stan go back to push for? Obviously not to ask a guy who’s too patient for more patience.

• Thanks 1