The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Coyotes gauging market on Jakob Chychrun

26 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Most I would do is Boeser for Chychrun. 

Chychrun has 4 years left at 4.6M though. He is on an extremely good contract and is only 23.

They can do better than a soon to be 25 year old Boeser. Especially as a rebuilding team.

I know you're not expecting them to accept but 3 more years of Chychrun @ 4.6m >>>>>>> than potentially 1 year of Boeser @ 7.5m

Van could do better than that IMO but yeah sure to be outbid.

4 hours ago, shiznak said:

Chychrun would probably play on the right side, since he’s done it before in juniors. 

This is nothing more than hearsay, if anything and if we were to acquire him, it’s going to take a lot to get him, despite his “struggles” this season.

He’s a legitimate top 2 defensemen, playing on the worst team imaginable, with a team-friendly contract signed for 3 more years. You’re looking and at least Hoglander, Podzolkin, and maybe two first.

First realistic proposal I've seen on here, you don't get young, stud, top pairing D for spare parts.

2 hours ago, J-P said:

Yeah, but you don't sign and trade players like that against their will? I.e. imagine the backlash if one of them signed in the belief of being in the Nucks long term plan and then immediately got shipped? I know it could happen and it has happened before, but in this case they would have to be on board with the trade IMO.

Not to mention Miller has one more year on his current deal. Assuming he could sign a new one now I don't imagine that conversation going well.

"Hey JT, you know how you really hate losing? Well if you sign a good value long term deal we can send you to Arizona to play with Loui and Rooster..."

200.gif

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

I know you're not expecting them to accept but 3 more years of Chychrun @ 4.6m >>>>>>> than potentially 1 year of Boeser @ 7.5m

Van could do better than that IMO but yeah sure to be outbid.

I stated already in that post Coyotes can do a lot better than that. That's the most I would give because we don't need Chychrun. OEL put a stamper on that. We need a solid right shot defenseman or two.

I like Chychrun as a player but teams will be willing to pay a lot more than us.

3 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I stated already in that post Coyotes can do a lot better than that. That's the most I would give because we don't need Chychrun. OEL put a stamper on that. We need a solid right shot defenseman or two.

I like Chychrun as a player but teams will be willing to pay a lot more than us.

Chychrun on his offside would be better than most options I can think of. Though yeah fundamentally I agree it's a moot point as other teams would 100% outbid anything we could give up for him.

Is Chycrun that good that a trade warrants a first rounder plus one of Miller/Boeser?  I have never paid attention to him...all i see are his db stats.

EDIT: I ask this coz I look at relatively recent trades.  For instance Hanafin in Calgary cost a first and two second rounders, so did dougie Hamilton but that was a while ago.

Edited by Darius

Shucks no trader Jim Benning to grease the tracks to Vancouver. Chychrun's +/- shouldn't scare anyone off look at QEL's numbers from last year. I doubt Rutherford will bite on a deal until he has a better idea of what he has. Something good has to go back. 

It makes you wonder what the ownership group has planned for Arizona? Load up the team with lots of pics and prospects and then put it on the market? I don't know what they paid for the team but Seattle paid $750 million, didn't they? Could they get that out of a Houston group?  

Edited by Boudrias

23 minutes ago, ‹(•¿•)› said:

First realistic proposal I've seen on here, you don't get young, stud, top pairing D for spare parts.

So three 1sts (one being 10th overall) and a 2nd?

And this with our 10th overall and 2nd already playing important NHL minutes as rookies and doing extremely well, and you see this as a realistic deal? 

Maybe you have a comparable trade to go off that you can share, (and if you do I'll gladly change my mind) but this sounds like an overpayment to moi. 

6 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

So three 1sts (one being 10th overall) and a 2nd?

And this with our 10th overall and 2nd already playing important NHL minutes as rookies and doing extremely well, and you see this as a realistic deal? 

Maybe you have a comparable trade to go off that you can share, (and if you do I'll gladly change my mind) but this sounds like an overpayment to moi. 

I wouldn't do it either, but it's a lot closer than some of the Pearson, Poolman and a 2nd type proposals we saw at the beginning of the thread.

They want high picks and solid prospects that are younger than Chychrun, not spare parts or vets on the last year or 2 of their deals.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, ‹(•¿•)› said:

I wouldn't do it either, but it's a lot closer than some of the Pearson, Poolman and a 2nd type proposals we saw at the beginning of the thread.

They want high picks and solid prospects that are younger than Chychrun, not spare parts or vets on the last year or 2 of their deals.

Money has to go the other way for any deal to work, so I just don't see any realistic trade with them that makes sense for both teams.

13 minutes ago, Darius said:

Is Chycrun that good that a trade warrants a first rounder plus one of Miller/Boeser?  I have never paid attention to him...all i see are his db stats.

It’s easy to look at his +/- and say he’s doing awful in Arizona, but if you take a deeper look at his numbers. It shows he not doing that bad defensively.

Out of all the defensemen who logged over 500+ minutes this season. He’s ranked 12th in xGA (expected goals against), 7th in scoring chance against and 11th in high danger scoring chance against. That’s pretty remarkable when Arizona is ranked 8th in shots against and last in goals against.

His offensive game has taken a huge hit, though.

• Cheers 1

Just now, shiznak said:

It’s easy to look at his +/- and say he’s doing awful in Arizona, but if you take a deeper look at his numbers. It shows he not doing that bad defensively.

Out of all the defensemen who logged over 500+ minutes this season. He’s ranked 12th in xGA (expected goals against), 7th in scoring chance against and 11th in high danger scoring chance against. That’s pretty remarkable when Arizona is ranked 8th in shots against and last in goals against.

His offensive game has taken a huge hit, though.

I havent watched Arizona play much lately, but I remember all the hype around him early on in his draft year and he looks to be a big young physical d man.  Yeah, i wont put too much weight into plus minus seeing that the team he plays on is horrible.

Im just trying to rationalize what kind of price needs to be paid.  I suspect Arizona would be asking for a younger core player (PODZ, EP)..to fit in with what they are trying to do...

4 minutes ago, Darius said:

I havent watched Arizona play much lately, but I remember all the hype around him early on in his draft year and he looks to be a big young physical d man.  Yeah, i wont put too much weight into plus minus seeing that the team he plays on is horrible.

Im just trying to rationalize what kind of price needs to be paid.  I suspect Arizona would be asking for a younger core player (PODZ, EP)..to fit in with what they are trying to do...

The asking price is going to be a king’s ransom. As I stated, probably two young pieces, and maybe two firsts.

I mean, how often that you hear a number one defensemen under 25, that is signed to a team-friendly contract, being shopped on the trade market? 

5 minutes ago, shiznak said:

The asking price is going to be a king’s ransom. As I stated, probably two young pieces, and maybe two firsts.

I mean, how often that you hear a number one defensemen under 25, that is signed to a team-friendly contract, being shopped on the trade market? 

yup, makes sense.  it will be a lot they ask for.

this kinda makes me think back to Juolevi.  Too bad he didnt pan out, imho it was a big blow to the org  not having him turn into a top tier d man for where he was selected. Not blaming Benning (too much) ...a lot of scouts/orgs had him ranked high.  We would be in pretty good shape today with any one of the d men that came after him, McAvoy, Chyc, Sergachev....

4 minutes ago, Darius said:

yup, makes sense.  it will be a lot they ask for.

this kinda makes me think back to Juolevi.  Too bad he didnt pan out, imho it was a big blow to the org  not having him turn into a top tier d man for where he was selected. Not blaming Benning (too much) ...a lot of scouts/orgs had him ranked high.  We would be in pretty good shape today with any one of the d men that came after him, McAvoy, Chyc, Sergachev....

As the saying goes, hindsight is always 20/20. Although, It is kind of demoralizing that there wasn’t really a consensus number one defensemen that year, and we went with the safest bet, which turned out to be the worst one. Even Jake Bean is low-key having a great season with Columbus.