The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Coyotes gauging market on Jakob Chychrun

42 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Chychrun was my hope for the 2016 draft. 
It’s one of the few times I was right about the pick.   He has turned out fantastic.  

I don’t know his value, but I’d go hard after him.  
1st and Brock?   I really don’t know, but I’d pay a lot for him. 

Brock Boeser is a scoring machine. 

Hard no.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Not really.  
And Chyc is a legit number 1 dman, and very young and getting better.  

I like Boeser, but you gotta pay to get, and JC is worth the price tag 

You do realize now that OEL is gone, and Chychrun has to play the role of a number one D he’s got 7 points and is a dash 30, right?  He’s Jay Boumeister.  That’s a solid player, but nothing like Hughes.  

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

You do realize now that OEL is gone, and Chychrun has to play the role of a number one D he’s got 7 points and is a dash 30, right?  He’s Jay Boumeister.  That’s a solid player, but nothing like Hughes.  

He is one of the very few NHL players on that team.   
Can’t judge him by that.   It’s hard to get points when the rest of your team is incapable of scoring 

Edited by D.B Cooper
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, D.B Cooper said:

He is one of the very few NHL players on that team.   
Can’t judge him by that.   It’s hard to get points when the rest of your team is incapable of scoring 

Hughes and OEL are way better than Chychrun, so when does he see the ice?  He’s overpaid, by a lot, for a bottom pairing guy, which he would be with us.  

2 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

It has to do more with Coyotes going full blight for wright than Chychrun himself.

They brought in tank commander Loui for that reason.

Last year he was 10th in Norris voting for a good reason. Judging him off this year alone when his team is garbage is like judging Hughes off last year alone when we were garbage.

3 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

Not really.  
And Chyc is a legit number 1 dman, and very young and getting better.  

I like Boeser, but you gotta pay to get, and JC is worth the price tag 

JC needs to do more than have 1 good season to be considered a legit #1 D and worth that much. Boeser > JC Let alone Boeser AND a 1st for JC. Yesh. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Devron44 said:

I agree with one thing Alf says. Hughes > Chychrun. They are different defencemen but I take Hughes everytime.

Now if we had a Hughes and Chychrun. That would be something else 

We just need our Chychrun to be a righty...

• Vintage 1

Arizona is going for a scorched earth rebuild as Armstrong explained to LeBrun - they are in full tear down mode.  He doesn't want to just re-load and feels that they need to completely start over through the draft.   In the off-season they've built up their amateur scouting department given that their focus is draft and development.

Chychrun is only 23 - they must feel that he will be too old/too close to UFA by the time they come out of their rebuild + they get ahead of him possibly asking out as they don't look to be anywhere close to turning things around.  They are probably looking exclusively for draft picks or more recently drafted prospects who are younger and have more team controlled years left than him.  

Would probably take cap back if it improves the return.  They've been trying to leverage their cap space - were willing to act as 3rd party for an Eichel trade and he has 5 years left. 

Edited by mll

3 hours ago, Trebreh said:

sucks that he's a LD, otherwise we would be all over this.

Plus every other NHL team would be all over it..

Top pair RHD is very rarely made available for a trade. 

It's like trading Demko or EP for us..

#1 RHD is an elusive creature..

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

Arizona has 50 goals for and 104 goals against as a team. They have little to no NHL level talent. Chychrun plays a bit less than half of every game. Him having lowered point totals and a terrible plus minus is kind of expected with his workload on that team.

You should watch him play. He can play shutdown 5 on 5, plays 2+ min per game on both the pp and pk, hits, blocks, and basically does it all.

I would take him at 4.6 mil over OEL at 7 plus 100 times out of 100. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Arizona has 50 goals for and 104 goals against as a team. They have little to no NHL level talent. Chychrun plays a bit less than half of every game. Him having lowered point totals and a terrible plus minus is kind of expected with his workload on that team.

You should watch him play. He can play shutdown 5 on 5, plays 2+ min per game on both the pp and pk, hits, blocks, and basically does it all.

I would take him at 4.6 mil over OEL at 7 plus 100 times out of 100. 

But can we trade the equivalent of LE in order obtain him?... I would definitely take JC over OEL (just like Arizona did), but the cost is too high from what I am hearing. If it takes a young 1st line player or our first, I would rather keep those assets to be honest.

• Upvote 1