The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Coyotes gauging market on Jakob Chychrun

On 12/15/2021 at 10:01 AM, khay said:

-29? 

I know it's not a meaningful stat but wow. He is on a minus per game pace. Don't know when was the last time such a feat was achieved.

A good player but cost is probably too high for us to acquire and we have two excellent LDs. I'd say we need a complimentary player for 3LD spot, and Chychrun isn't that.

Bill Mikkelson Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, HomeBrew said:

But can we trade the equivalent of LE in order obtain him?... I would definitely take JC over OEL (just like Arizona did), but the cost is too high from what I am hearing. If it takes a young 1st line player or our first, I would rather keep those assets to be honest.

OEL and Chiasson for JC

On 12/15/2021 at 10:16 AM, JM_ said:

Hughes is so mobile he can easily start a shift on the right side, so I don't see JC being a lefty as a barrier to the deal.

Chychrun-Hughes

OEL-Myers

thats a legit top 4. 

Hughes already struggles defensively cause of his size. Not sure I want to see him on his off side.

2 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Hughes already struggles defensively cause of his size. Not sure I want to see him on his off side.

He's been so much better tho this year. I think there's zero chance JC ends up a Canuck but if anyone could play d on his off side its Hughes.

• Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, JM_ said:

He's been so much better tho this year. I think there's zero chance JC ends up a Canuck but if anyone could play d on his off side its Hughes.

I dunno, even when we had a bunch of LDs it was never really attempted. And the only off side players we see are the defensively responsible ones. But yeah, it's a largely moot point. I doubt we have the trade capital to get him.

42 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I dunno, even when we had a bunch of LDs it was never really attempted. And the only off side players we see are the defensively responsible ones. But yeah, it's a largely moot point. I doubt we have the trade capital to get him.

That and we don't need to pay all that for a guy who is only going to play in our bottom pair.  Hughes and OEL are far better players than Chychscrub.  They see the ice so much better and pass the puck better.  They are just much better players than Chychscrub.  

1 hour ago, Canucks Curse said:

defence wins championships, Boeser + Rathbone for Chych + bottom 6 good forward if PHX even has any... m maybe :) beagle at 50%?

You're seriously undervaluing Chychrun 

Boeser isn't a piece you build around, he's a high end complimentary piece, Coyotes likely want futures 

You're not getting him to Vancouver without giving up Hogs or Podz, along with probably a couple 1st round picks 

If anyone gets him out of Arizona the price is gonna be steep, but that's what you pay for a high end #1-2 who's 23 years old and on an extremely reasonable contract 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

You're seriously undervaluing Chychrun 

Boeser isn't a piece you build around, he's a high end complimentary piece, Coyotes likely want futures 

You're not getting him to Vancouver without giving up Hogs or Podz, along with probably a couple 1st round picks 

If anyone gets him out of Arizona the price is gonna be steep, but that's what you pay for a high end #1-2 who's 23 years old and on an extremely reasonable contract 

Chychscrub.  7 whole points and dash 31!  That Chychscrub?  No thanks.  Not for a guy who is going to be on our bottom pair.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Chychscrub.  7 whole points and dash 31!  That Chychscrub?  No thanks.  Not for a guy who is going to be on our bottom pair.  

Alf, your brand of extreme homerism would make apollo blush. But no, he's a fantastic player on a team that could be historically bad by the end of the season. Context matters. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Alf, your brand of extreme homerism would make apollo blush. But no, he's a fantastic player on a team that could be historically bad by the end of the season. Context matters. 

Chychscrub is just not that good.  He has no spot on our team, except in the bottom pair.  Hughes and OEL are just a lot better.

#EmbraceTheHate! :towel:

• Haha 1

Are people forgetting this kid still has alot of consistency to prove and at 23 has already had two knee injuries which both times had him out over 15 games. Amongst other injuries including multiple upper and lower body injuries and a one game concussion absence… He’s currently on injured reserve for an upper body problem and yet people think they should agree with the Coyotes on the quote on quote “astronomical” asking price… we’d be better off looking at a LHD that a team won’t be able to afford in the next two years (ie. Sergachev, Skjei, Matheson)

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, khay said:

Wow. 1974-75.

I wondered if someone ever hit the century mark -100. May have been possible in the 80's. 

probably not

the expansion rules were pretty bad back then

no free agency

14 teams to pick from

and that included the Canucks , Isles Seals and Kings

None of the expansion teams had any depth

no advance draft signing window

the Habs farm team in Nova Scotia was generally considered better than 1/2 the teams in the league

I wish the Canucks traded up to grab him in the draft.  Historically, I feel like a lot of the players that drop in the draft are ones that turn out really well.  It's probably cuz they have a chip on the shoulder and want to prove themselves even more.

Chychrun is one, others in recent memory are guys like Eeli Tolvanen, Kasperi Kapanen, Aatu Raty, and even our very own Podkolzin. 

I hope if Lambert drops in the coming draft (seems to have fallen out of favour lately), the Canucks are the ones to steal him. 

On 12/15/2021 at 2:08 PM, Warhippy said:

If we had a 1st to trade this year rutherford this is the player to do it on.  Figure out a package and make it happen because if he's available someone will pull the trigger a lot quicker than us.  I can see the Avs, Bolts and Rags involved with this asap.

Secondary to this I'd also be looking at how to pry Dahlin away from the Sabres if in fact one of the two of Dahlin/Chycrun is potentially viable in a trade

Would rather sell the farm on Dahlin.  With some long term depth on the left side, any package for either from us would have to include Rathbone heading the other way.  

1 hour ago, Phat Fingers said:

Would rather sell the farm on Dahlin.  With some long term depth on the left side, any package for either from us would have to include Rathbone heading the other way.  

I'd be fine either way, both teams are gonna be forced to sell at a loss to either player.  The Sabres at least have the prospect of Power in the loss of Dahlin.