The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Miller is a core player

Rate this topic

cdgraham

Honestly I don't think the big 4 are going anywhere.   We need to keep all of Petey, Boeser, Bo, and Miller.  None of them will make over $9m within the next few years, so it makes sense to build the forwards around them.

Petey

Miller

Bo

That's probably one of the best if not the best centre trios in the entire league.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Honestly I don't think the big 4 are going anywhere.   We need to keep all of Petey, Boeser, Bo, and Miller.  None of them will make over $9m within the next few years, so it makes sense to build the forwards around them.

Petey

Miller

Bo

That's probably one of the best if not the best centre trios in the entire league.

Definitely. And keep podkolzin Garland and hoglander on the wings well we are at it lol. 

So much potential with Hughes on defense and demko in net as well. 6 wins in a row showing us what we have

Edited by cdgraham
  • Like 1

Just now, Odd. said:

Exactly, been saying that. 
7x7.5M 

Would do that in a heart beat. He might be over paid by a couple million in the last 2 years but will still be useful and a leader. By the time it's not a "good contract" it will be off the books anyways within a couple years if that happens at all. 

I am the party pooper?  I would not have spent the draft capital we did to get Miller.  Nor OEL / Garland.

Nor would I be upset if one or more were moved on.  Build for when Petey Hughes & Boeser are in their prime.  Demko is already there, but still should be at a peak.

That said I cheer for them while they are here.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 2

There isn’t a single power forward as good as him in the league. Not a single one. And people still want to trade this guy becuz “he’s got value”.

I have a feeling we haven’t even seen the best of him yet. 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 3

10 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I am the party pooper?  I would not have spent the draft capital we did to get Miller.  Nor OEL / Garland.

Nor would I be upset if one or more were moved on.  Build for when Petey Hughes & Boeser are in their prime.  Demko is already there, but still should be at a peak.

That said I cheer for them while they are here.

Haha loool the point of the draft is to hope we get players as good as them. 

Also I'm sorry but I've been pettersons biggest supporter and have been following since that record breaking season in the SHL and I knew he was gonna win rookie of the year. 

But I would not choose him over Miller as it stands. First off would send a terrible message to the team, and I think would cripple the team. 

Who are we supposed to surround boeser Hughes and pettersson with anyways. Players like Miller. 

But also Miller is our best forward so getting rid of him makes no sense. 

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, billabong said:

He’s led the team in points ever since he’s gotten here and has picture around the arena ya I’d say he’s been a “core” player for awhile 

another 3 point night for him 200.gif

For sure, there just seems to be this perception that he is less untouchable then pettersson or boeser. Case in point the other poster in the thread who literally still isn't happy with giving up a late first for him I mean what? 

Miller should be as untouchable as anyone not named Demko or Hughes. 

• Cheers 1

For sure.

But an 8 year deal is scary.

I wonder if Miller would do 5 years 40-45 mil, or about 8.5 mil per year for 5 years.

If he wants an 8 year deal, I think we need to stand firm at 7.5 mil.

Must re-sign him in the off season if the intention is to keep him. Or we must trade him. Can't let him walk to UFA.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, khay said:

For sure.

I wonder if Miller would do 5 years 40-45 mil, or about 8.5 mil per year for 5 years.

Must re-sign him in the off season if the intention is to keep him. Or we must trade him. Can't let him walk to UFA.

Ya 8 year deal would be a bit excessive. If they did that, I agree 7.5 would be probably the higher end of what would be comfortable. 

I'd do 8.5 for 5 years. A lot of people won't know this but I've been watching all the other teams broadcasts this year, and I can tell you the players other teams analyst's are the most impressed by are Miller, Hughes, and Demko. Miller is extremely highly regarded by other teams around the league. 

• Vintage 1

35 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Petey

Miller

Bo

If we can keep the average salary for these 4 guys under 8 mil for the next 5 years, we have a chance to build something special here.

32 mil for Miller, Petey, Bo, Boeser

vs

40 mil for Matthews, Tavares, Marner, Nylander

Extra 8 mil can fit in a couple of strong depth players like, one more Garland level talent.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, khay said:

For sure.

Deleted double post. 

Edited by cdgraham