The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Teams you cheer for other than us

Rate this topic

Alflives

Other teams you cheer for  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I only cheer for the Canucks, however, I am proud to be Canadian, so if the Canucks are knocked out of the playoffs, I want a Canadian team to win the Cup.  

Tired of the Americans winning it every year since 1994.

If there are no Canadian teams left - I don't even watch nor care who wins.

I don't cheer against anyone.  I think that's lame of people to do.

4 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Panthers, Red Wings and Senators.

I follow the league and have players I like. Can’t hate everyone. There’s players around the league that could be canucks one day! 

Can't hate everyone or even every team but I'll only ever cheer for the Canucks.  After that, it's just a question of liking some players (Ovi, Mackinnon, etc.) and which teams aren't at the top of the hate list (Boston, Chicago, Vegas, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto).  But to be honest, watching other teams play doesn't do a lot for me and I seldom hang in for a whole game. Fans need emotional skin in the game to be fans. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, brilac said:

EC4B3E10-2D20-4A1D-977A-8657A20A5582.thumb.jpeg.22d80b938a419dde06e3aef780b89ad1.jpeg

That's pretty sweet!  If Canucks win the cup I'm doing the same thing, and I'll be able to make up an excuse that I lost a bet with someone ;) 

13 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I only cheer for the Canucks, but I do often like some players on other teams. 

Me too.

And if we're out of the playoffs I always have other teams I then cheer for.  NEVER when we're in the race though.

And then there are teams that I just always hate (not naming names, Leafs and Bruins).

• Haha 3

Reverse for me:

Teams I will NEVER cheer for:

Calgary

Edmonton

Toronto

Las Vegas (A city built off a tourist trap in the desert, it's just Calgary south, just more garish)

Anaheim

New York Rangers. (1994 was and still is poison to me)

Arizona.

The rest are just indifference. 

• Like 1

I've always like the Senators since they came in the league. I remember getting a hoodie on sale because the crest wasn't centered. Wore that thing everyday for years. Not sure where it ended up. :wacko: I also respect the fans in Nashville who made that one successful franchise that people doubted from inception. I didn't mind the Jets when they got their franchise back but damn they're too good now. I've also like Detroit for years and years now. Model franchise, 25 playoff appearances in a row. 

Sorry Alf, I'm only half a man I guess but ... MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!

Edited by Gawdzukes

3 hours ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Can't hate everyone or even every team but I'll only ever cheer for the Canucks.  After that, it's just a question of liking some players (Ovi, Mackinnon, etc.) and which teams aren't at the top of the hate list (Boston, Chicago, Vegas, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto).  But to be honest, watching other teams play doesn't do a lot for me and I seldom hang in for a whole game. Fans need emotional skin in the game to be fans. 

I scoreboard watch mostly. Hope for a few teams to win. Hope for players to score in my hockey pools. I’ll watch parts of games from other teams but ya she’s all Canucks otherwise

• Cheers 2

12 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Let’s rephrase this question… if the Canucks were to miss the playoffs, these are the teams I would not cheer for, if they made the playoffs:

Bruins, Flames, Oilers, Kraken, Maple Leafs and Golden Knights.

As for the rest of the teams, either I’m indifferent if they win or I wouldn’t mind cheering for them to win.

Bravo.... at Blackhawks and Sharks to that group and we join forces...

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Heretic said:

I only cheer for the Canucks, however, I am proud to be Canadian, so if the Canucks are knocked out of the playoffs, I want a Canadian team to win the Cup.  

Tired of the Americans winning it every year since 1994.

If there are no Canadian teams left - I don't even watch nor care who wins.

I don't cheer against anyone.  I think that's lame of people to do.

You are too nice...

I do cheer against Marchand and my biggest highlight was Myers absolutely hammering Keith... have a few more on my list, but those two were the biggest.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

I don't watch or listen to any other teams but the Canucks, but there are a bunch of other teams I like.

Colorado, Detroit, Ottawa, Montreal (until the past year soured me on them), Tampa, Islanders, Washington, and Nashville.

The teams I despise and always cheer to lose are, in no particular order: Pittsburgh, Toronto, Oilers, Flames, Boston, Kings, and Chicago. 

• Vintage 1