The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks trying to trade Halak

14 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Hopefully now that his bonus has been paid we can ship him out for a late pick.

To think we could have signed Brossoit for cheaper than he’s gonna cost us.

…or played Martin…

The job of a backup is to relieve on back to backs. If he can’t do that, then what’s the point of having him on the team…

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Not sure if Halak is even tradeable now. Who would want him? He got shellacked for how many goals tonight? Didn’t seem like he could save anything against the Devils. 

I’d take a 7th round pick just to get rid of him from our roster at this point. 

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Hopefully now that his bonus has been paid we can ship him out for a late pick.

To think we could have signed Brossoit for cheaper than he’s gonna cost us.

The gift of Jim Benning keeps on giving…

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Not sure if Halak is even tradeable now. Who would want him? He got shellacked for how many goals tonight? Didn’t seem like he could save anything against the Devils. 

Lol he ain't moving at this point unless you add in like a 2nd or 3rd just for someone willing to take on 1.25mil dead cap next season. I wonder if there's anything in the cba that u can circumvent the bonus by trading halak to say a cap floor team like Arizona after the season is over for the canucks so the bonus is applied to Arizona without them paying anything

5 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

To Vancouver:

2022 7th round pick

To Arizona:

J. Halak (if he waives the NMC)

2022 2nd round pick

2022 5th round pick

Edited by The King of Kings
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

Lol he ain't moving at this point unless you add in like a 2nd or 3rd just for someone willing to take on 1.25mil dead cap next season. I wonder if there's anything in the cba that u can circumvent the bonus by trading halak to say a cap floor team like Arizona after the season is over for the canucks so the bonus is applied to Arizona without them paying anything

Halak to ARI for future considerations.

Done deal if Halak agrees to waive his NMC.

4 minutes ago, BPA said:

Halak to ARI for future considerations.

Done deal if Halak agrees to waive his NMC.

If its after the season ended sure during the season good luck. Hence I wonder if u can still trade his cap after the season ended. I mean you can still trade players after the trade deadline just they aint eligible to play for your team during the playoff hence the deadline. So once the season is over I wonder if his cap can still be traded since he would for sure waive since he doesn't need to report and arizona don't have to pay anything and get a free 1.25mil cushion for the cap floor

2 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Now now. The team usually plays awesome.

No point in denigrating further, the man who built this very good team.

What very good team are you talking about?   
I see a cap strapped team with no prospects, heavy contracts and outside of a playoff spot. 

unless you are being sarcastic and I missed it. 

Edited by D.B Cooper

7 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

The gift of Jim Benning keeps on giving…

Yeah it does, with EP, QH, Podz, Demko, JTM, etc etc

all I’m saying is you gotta accept the good with the bad, haha

Edited by RWJC
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Hate to say it but the only way we see Martin backing up Demko this season is if Halak goes on LTIR..

he also gets another 250k  bonus for keeping a better than .925 sv%.

presently sits as .883 sv%
(capfriendly)

That's the safest 250K in this world. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

I see a cap strapped team with no prospects, heavy contracts and outside of a playoff spot. 

To be fair, if BB started the year as head coach, Canucks are most likely a playoff team.

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

Yeah yeah Stanley Cup or crap. Got it.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Hate to say it but the only way we see Martin backing up Demko this season is if Halak goes on LTIR..

(capfriendly)

Are you suggesting a Nancy Carrigan scenario for the good of the team?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

I could be wrong here, but bonuses are paid at the end of the season so wouldn’t the team whose roster he’s on at the end of the season be hit with the bonus? Even if he played 10 games as a Canuck, if he were to be traded it would be the team who acquired him that would take on the cap hit from the bonus. 

59 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

(capfriendly)

.905sv%

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, rekker said:

To be fair, if BB started the year as head coach, Canucks are most likely a playoff team.

100%. ..  and probably “tweeked” for a deep run to benefit the entire team with the experience .

Which I think should still be the status quo.

Sign Motte before UFA..

And deal with the Boeser situation (RFA 7m+ QOffer?) asap

This summer will make us even stronger without having to move major assets, only those that have become weak or stale to us.

I hope Miller states he wants to stay,.  He is the biggest building block to build around other than Demko.

others will be worth trading away, without losing his style of leadership.

no one else on the team has it, or are going to “get it” if they haven’t by now.