The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] John Klingberg requests trade

14 hours ago, aGENT said:

They can probably reload pretty easy. They've already got solid youth, can sell Klingberg, Pavelski etc for more. Pull off a NYR style retool.

don't be a downer, man. I want to see Dallas implode. 

• Haha 1

why would we trade for him...he is a pending UFA and we ain't winning a Stanley Cup this season sorry CDC. Let another team overpay to acquire him IF Dallas even moves him then watch a team sign him for too much $ & term.

If we didn't have the Giraffe I would be interested in trying to maybe sign him but we tied up way too much cap on low producing D already that no other team will want to take off our hands to make a signing possible so...HARD PASS!

This would be the type of trade deadline deal that has a first, a prospect and a player written all over it as the asking price. Can the Canucks afford that? Well to answer my own question..... no.

Rutherford has gone on record stating that the Canucks are not yet in a place where they should be trading high draft picks/prospects to make the playoffs and I would hope he sticks to his guns..

15 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Hoglander, Poolman, and Rathbone for Chychrun

I actually do see Rathbone as a useful trade piece in a hockey trade.

Hughes and OEL have the left side locked up for a long time so to improve the right side or center depth he would be one guy to look at moving.

We aren’t in a position to trade a 1st rounder for a rental 

I see our TD to be mild dealings

Third pair left shot d who can kill penalties and maybe a 4th line center cause sutter probably won’t play this year 

Edited by billabong
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, billabong said:

We aren’t not in a position to trade a 1st rounder for a rental 

Third pair left shot d who can kill penalties and maybe a 4th line center cause sutter probably won’t play this year 

JR has said several times we are not in a position to be trading away picks and prospects.  

1 hour ago, BPA said:

Klingberg would solidify the RD.  Problem is that he will be a 30yr old UFA and will probably want $6M x 6yr for his last contract.  That's a lot tied up in D with the top 4D all making $6M+.

He's likely expecting more than that.  He wanted an 8 year deal out of Dallas and they refused - that's why he's asking out.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, billabong said:

We aren’t in a position to trade a 1st rounder for a rental 

Jeremy Lauzon and Michael McLeod

13 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Yakov Trenin would be the optimal guy to acquire.  

24, going to be an RFA this summer.  He hits, he has fought Chara twice, and he can score.  I would seriously consider trading Brock for him if Nashville threw us a bunch of draft picks in the deal. 

Anyways don't want to derail this thread too much. 

I made a proposal suggesting we go after Trenin in the summer but got flamed hard for it. 

One of the best 3rd liners in the game imo, also plays center, and on the PK. Would be a huge get for us but think the price is likely too high given the year he's having so far. If there's really going to be no way to keep Brock cash-wise, I'd say you're 100% right, Trenin is the guy we go after. Helps too that Nashville definitely has the cap room so they'd be an ideal trading partner. 

Given they're in the mix I wonder if Dallas simply decides to ignore his trade request? They won't be reeling in a divisional spot, but them and Winnipeg are certainly in the mix for wild card spots. 

Could depend on how they do leading up to the trade deadline. 

Edited by Coconuts

5 hours ago, GB5 said:

I actually do see Rathbone as a useful trade piece in a hockey trade.

Hughes and OEL have the left side locked up for a long time so to improve the right side or center depth he would be one guy to look at moving.

What are the Avs without Makar and Byram? My hope for Rathbone is that he can be comparable to Byram if developed properly. I understand that every player is tradeable and it is all about what comes back.