The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks at Washington Capitals | Jan. 16, 2022 @ 11:00 am

Rate this topic

goalie13

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I am frustrated with Pettersson because all we hear about him is when he gets things together he will be ok. We were saying the same thing ten- twenty games ago. It ain’t happening this year! I think that’s just the reality. He has major flaws that are limiting him. Teams are playing him physical. He falls down after every altercation. He can’t pull away from anyone. He doesn’t even use his shot anymore. This year is a write off for him which means we are down a star this year. Makes it so hard.

If you haven't noticed by now, we're pretty good at that.. VirtanenJuoleviLEGoldy

48 minutes ago, Alflives said:

IMO several of our top players were quite upset with our owner’s decisions no after the 2020 bubble. Now our owner adds the postponed games so he can profit more.  

What decisions are you talking about after the bubble?

Just now, kilgore said:

At least Petey was able to counter, defend, his giveaway that time.  That's an improvement right there. Lately it would have turned into a breakaway the other way.

"At least the giveaway wasn't a breakaway" is the lowest bar I've ever seen. That's how bad Petey's season is going.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, austy said:

Is harmonic close to returning? I like him a bit better schenn.  Hopefully Burroughs in for Hunt. I know doesn't have hunts shot but even on his off side I think he has more defensive chops than hunt.  

Hamonic should be in over Poolman for sure.   Poolman is the most uninspired player ive seen since bailey and Schaller. 

9 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Why is it so important to make the playoffs this year? 

It's small steps. Testing yourself and knowing where to improve.

I refer back to 2014-15 Tampa Bay. They traded Martin St. Louis, still made the playoffs but lost in the first round.

The next season, they went to the cup final.

It's not the end of the world if we don't make the playoffs but if we do, that's going to give the players sense of accomplishment and confidence. Going against the best teams in the playoffs also helps you to know where to improve.