The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Tyler Motte drawing interest

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

You’ll be disappointed when you see him play.

If Boudreau didn’t think Rathbone was ready he’s not gonna play TL.

thats OK by me if he heads to Utica Abby for a bit. 

Edited by JM_

How about we re-sign Motte max 2.5m

That should get it done. 

Best 4th line in the league. Why break that up? How long have we been crying about our bottom 6? 

Motte is a warrior. 

I have confidence everytime he steps out on the ice that it will be half glass full situation. 

What I mean by that is, his line will shut down a top line and leave the game neutral (allowing our top guys to score) OR,  his line will generate chances and gain momentum. 

You don't trade a guy like that. You keep him

He wins all his battles. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, CanucksJay said:

How about we re-sign Motte max 2.5m

That should get it done. 

Best 4th line in the league. Why break that up? How long have we been crying about our bottom 6? 

Motte is a warrior. 

I have confidence everytime he steps out on the ice that it will be half glass full situation. 

What I mean by that is, his line will shut down a top line and leave the game neutral (allowing our top guys to score) OR,  his line will generate chances and gain momentum. 

You don't trade a guy like that. You keep him

He wins all his battles. 

Motte is only 27, and he's a heck of a player.  Got his neck fixed last summer, so is healthy to play his game.  Yes, we should definitely keep him and for the contract you suggest.

But we have Dickinson making that money.  What do we do with him?  can't pay him and keep Motte.  Won't work.

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Motte is only 27, and he's a heck of a player.  Got his neck fixed last summer, so is healthy to play his game.  Yes, we should definitely keep him and for the contract you suggest.

But we have Dickinson making that money.  What do we do with him?  can't pay him and keep Motte.  Won't work.

Answered your own question really

10 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Dhaliwal hearing that Toronto still wants Motte, Canucks asking for Timothy Liljegren.

Canucks want Liljegren bad apparently.

I'm so down for this. I would have been happy with a 2nd or 3rd for Motte. Liljegren is still young and has likely a better chance of playing then a 2nd round, and he can do it now or in the next year or 2. This would be a great trade if we aren't resigning Motte

• Cheers 2

9 hours ago, DeNiro said:

You’ll be disappointed when you see him play.

If Boudreau didn’t think Rathbone was ready he’s not gonna play TL.

It's been such a breath of fresh air seeing all the abrasiveness we have on D now, especially with Burroughs in the lineup, I dread the idea of adding a little softie with no outstanding attributes who is going to push one of those guys out of the D core.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, KyGuy123 said:

I find it hilarious how we have probably the best 4th line in the league and people want to trade the main piece to get a draft pick. I also find it even more funny that these same people complained everyday how horrible our bottom 6 was the last 5 years. The whole line makes less than Jay Beagle did in a year. 

This is bang on. 

We might have won the cup in 2011 if we had a 4th line like this. 

Ppl willing to trade Motte for a 2nd or even a 3rd is crazy. 

I would say you hit the lotto if you draft a Motte in the 2nd round.

Except you would have to wait 7 years for him to develop into who he is today. 

The guy kills penalties (one of our best PKer) he is a force on 4th line, always plays with high motor making his play infectious with guys like highmore and lammiko. He could even slide up to 3rd line. Untested in top 6 but I like him where he is. 

Trading him would be a big mistake. He's the type of guy you win with. 

I always have full confidence if he is ever in a puck battle during a crucial point where puck needs to go out. He will be the guy that gets it out. 

Sheeesh... 

I'm really hoping Canucks are leveraging this rumor to try to get him signed hoping he'll take a hometown discount. 

Edited by CanucksJay
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Wow “what the next few hours brings”.

Does that mean win and they keep him lose and they trade him?

no, it means see if they get an offer they like before the deadline. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Then why in heck is Motte playing?  Why risk the asset?  

because they haven't decided to move him yet. who knows, maybe they're even talking extension with his agent at the same time?

Just now, DeNiro said:

Weird way to put it.

The next few hours sounds like he’s referring to the outcome of the game.

I didn't interpret it that way. I interpreted it as "the next few business hours before everyone goes to bed and the nonsense starts for real in the morning."