The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Horvat vs Miller

Horvat vs Miller  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey fellow CDCers! I wanted to get a general consensus of CDC on who they would rather keep in this situation. If the Canucks were to trade one, who would you keep as our 2C moving forward? (EP being our 1C of course) *This discussion is strictly in this circumstance, there are other options to move such as Boeser, but just to see this specific case*

Horvat: 26, captain, great leader, above average offence, below average defence, elite face offs, plays power play. Legit 2C. Less trade value than Miller.

Miller: 28, heart and soul, shows frustration at times, elite offence since joining Canucks, great defensively (although lazy at times when frustrated), great at face offs, plays power play and penalty kill. Legit 1C/1LW. More trade value than Horvat.

Keeping in mind that Miller will cost slightly more contractually and bring in better trade value, however, keeping him likely makes us stronger for when we are a contender, who would you keep and why?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bye bye Miller.  Seriously, we keep the guy who bought a home home here, and is raising his family here.  Miller has no stake in our city.  He’s a really good player, but he’s not staying here.  Trade his ass, and the sooner the better!  

• Haha 3

Just now, JayDangles said:

I dont like this thread. I think its totally fair to speculate on trades and make proposals. But straight up doing a poll asking who people want to get rid of, and one of those players is the captain.. I dunno, I think this just plays right into the downside of CDC.

Agreed.  But we need to remember Miller (although an excellent player) has t invested a friggin’ penny in our city.  B has a house (his second property he bought here) and a family.  This is Bo’s home now.  He will definitely want to stay.  Miller has no investment in our city.  He will leave when his contract is over.  He’s got to be the guy traded.  

1 minute ago, grandmaster said:

Keep both. Dump Brock (only if we need to)

I’m seeing us trading:  Miller, Motte, Dickinson, and Boeser.  We will return top young players, grade A prospects, and picks.  This team is going to look a lot different after the 2022 TDL.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MrCanuck94 said:

Hey fellow CDCers! I wanted to get a general consensus of CDC on who they would rather keep in this situation. If the Canucks were to trade one, who would you keep as our 2C moving forward? (EP being our 1C of course) *This discussion is strictly in this circumstance, there are other options to move such as Boeser, but just to see this specific case*

Horvat: 26, captain, great leader, above average offence, below average defence, elite face offs, plays power play. Legit 2C. Less trade value than Miller.

Miller: 28, heart and soul, shows frustration at times, elite offence since joining Canucks, great defensively (although lazy at times when frustrated), great at face offs, plays power play and penalty kill. Legit 1C/1LW. More trade value than Horvat.

Keeping in mind that Miller will cost slightly more contractually and bring in better trade value, however, keeping him likely makes us stronger for when we are a contender, who would you keep and why?

The question, imo, isn't as simple as; Who would I rather keep?

Given the choice, I say neither is expendable.

Both players are key members to any success this team will have, moving forward.

The problem lies with their desire to stay. 

Both are in their primes and ready to win.

The team as a whole, however, is a mess.

Other then Miller, EP40, Horvat, Demko, Garland, and Hughes, there really isn't much else.

Subtracting Miller and Horvat, should neither wish to stay, leaves us with EP40, Demko, Garland, and Hughes. 

It feels like JR is going to be forced to qualify Boeser and hope that this season will be seen as a fluke down the road. 

Hoglander has yet to prove worthy of a top-six opportunity.

Podkolzin hasn't brought the grit he was supposed to have in his game and hasn't provided enough offence to get excited about.

Our bottom-six and most of our blue-line is woefully lacking any real subsance (other then Hughes of course) and are in need of overhauls. The question is; How?

OEL and Tyler Myers take up too much capspace for what they bring to the table.

OEL is looking at less then twenty points while playing more then twenty-two minutes a game. 

Tyler Myers might get to twenty points and also plays, in excess of, twenty minutes.

These two situations and others should exemplify the gross incompetence JB showed while at the helm of this team and may well have the Canucks mired in obscurity for years to come.

In the end, moving one could send a bad message to the other and losing both could become a real possibility, in which case, going back to the drawing board would seem the only option left.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I’m seeing us trading:  Miller, Motte, Dickinson, and Boeser.  We will return top young players, grade A prospects, and picks.  This team is going to look a lot different after the 2022 TDL.  

Just curious what you think that might do to Peteys confidence? Getting rid of his best buddy (Boes) and a strong mentor in JT. If he is playing rough now I don't want to see what a disgruntled Petey looks like.

I guess devil's advocate, maybe he is having an issue not being the #1 guy, and moving JT will give him a little swagger back.

4 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Just curious what you think that might do to Peteys confidence? Getting rid of his best buddy (Boes) and a strong mentor in JT. If he is playing rough now I don't want to see what a disgruntled Petey looks like.

I guess devil's advocate, maybe he is having an issue not being the #1 guy, and moving JT will give him a little swagger back.

I'd say Petey should start acting like a pro if that was true.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RolexSub said:

I like both but after seeing Bo not go after the guy that took a big open ice hit on our rookie Podz and just skated away from it...I'd say keep Miller!! 

You can want to keep Miller all you want, but he’s not staying.  He’s a coming UFA (2023) and he’s not invested a single friggin’ penny in our city.  He’s leaving.  So trade him, and get what we can.  

Neither.

It's really tiring to me that we're always "chasing" something in a grass is greener way.  Firing someone, trading someone, hating on someone.

I just wanna watch my team play hockey.

(I know, I know...don't come into the thread then.  I just wanted to see if others felt the same, and it seems they do).

• Like 2
  • Sad 1