The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Oilers sign Evander Kane

2 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

I agree that it is underhanded, I agree that it is ignorant

But what if he sees the errors of his ways and changes

Do we not show mercy? Do we not fore give in this day and age?

He violated team protocol  immediately afterwards.  Does this sound like someone who learned?  Some people just don't change and are just scumbags beyond redemption.  Kane is one of them.

• Cheers 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

He violated team protocol  immediately afterwards.  Does this sound like someone who learned?  Some people just don't change and are just scumbags beyond redemption.  Kane is one of them.

Ok, Hefty, I agree with you........

He is innocent!

1 minute ago, Gnarcore said:

This may very well open up a trade of another player to fill the actual holes in their line up. Almost every one seems to be over looking that. 

So who has an extra Goaltender with upside? CBJ? NYR? 

If NYR can't get Miller, They may look at RNH? Just spitballing without any real thought.

They don't have much in the line of tradeable assets.

They have a few players and the picks to pull it off. Especially if they can retain salary. It will &^@# them down the line...which I would very much enjoy :bigblush:

3 minutes ago, Western Red said:

So who has an extra Goaltender with upside? CBJ? NYR? 

If NYR can't get Miller, They may look at RNH? Just spitballing without any real thought.

I'd think no one wants RNH with his current deal unless Edmonton is eating like 40-50% of that deal. That was a brutal contract lol

Edited by Gnarcore

I guess RNH or Poolparty would have value.  Other than that, it's picks.

RNH's contract is awful. With retained salary maybe.  I am not familiar enough with their prospect pool to comment much but this does provide more options than they had before. 

I still wouldn't have done it but I understand it from their point of view. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Gnarcore said:

RNH's contract is awful. With retained salary maybe.  I am not familiar enough with their prospect pool to comment much but this does provide more options than they had before. 

I still wouldn't have done it but I understand it from their point of view. 

Holloway is their only good prospect.  They'll probably have to retain salary on RNH, but at that point they're better off keeping him.  They might be better off to trade McDiver and Divesite before their hand is forced in order to maximize the return.  Pretty happy to see how badly they're screwed.  

Ken holland really just use his only capspace on a guy with this much baggage? AND a no-move hahaha

I've watched the last couple oilers games, And our D looks like the all-star game compared to this group. Cici is on the ice for every goal against i swear. Then you blindly think not having an NHL goalie is good idea. Meanwhile the actual cup contenders have a star starter, And a very solid backup

Just now, Mustard Tiger said:

Ken holland really just use his only capspace on a guy with this much baggage? AND a no-move hahaha

I've watched the last couple oilers games, And our D looks like the all-star game compared to this group. Cici is on the ice for every goal against i swear. Then you blindly think not having an NHL goalie is good idea. Meanwhile the actual cup contenders have a star starter, And a very solid backup

They literally don't have an NHLer on their right side.  None of Ceci, Barrie, or Bouchard can play any defence whatsoever.

2 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Oilers desperately needed a top 6 player.

No risk high reward signing.

It's half a season 1 mill salary. 

We're paying Hamonic a lot more on multi-year contract to stay home. And Virtanen 550k to play in Russia. 

They have 3.5m in buyouts and pay lucic 750k to play for the flames, Who really has it worse :P

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Haha.

The resident oilers fan is getting defensive because deep down he knows this has a real chance to blow up in their faces.

I'm not so tribal like many of you here.

I've said it a million times on here. I'm a hockey fan. Not just a Canucks fan. 

It's 40 games. 1mill. No risk. Not a multi year multi mllion dollar deal. For the type of player he is this could be a huge steal.

Low risk high reward signing. Especially if Oilers make the playoffs. 

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I am not sure where the line is?

Tony DeAngelo was a bad guy in the Ranger dressing room.  He's helping Carolina at the moment.  

DeAngelo didn’t burn bridges in multiple locker rooms.

They’re not really comparable. Kane also has a long history of harassing, abusing, and assaulting women.

• Cheers 1