The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Oilers sign Evander Kane

Just now, WHL rocks said:

Zero risk. If he screws up you send him home. Minimal salary. 

As stupid as he is hes highly unlikely to screw up on a new team with 40 games to play. Or He's out of the NHL for good. 

He's going to be on his best behavior. 

He's a very good player. 6'3 tough as hell, fights , scores 30g a season.  Huge upside.. 

He's gone couple years to begin his tenures without issues in WPG BUF and SJS. 

Half a season no problem. Gives Oilers something they desperately need for free and super cheap. 

And he then fights the suspension workout pay.  He's already misbehaved twice this year, there is very little chance he's capable of acting like a real man even for a short period of time.  You think the gutless flopper they have wearing the C is going to keep this dirtbag in line?

• Cheers 2

Coilers coaching group to Ken Holland, "We desperately need to address our goal-tending issues - it's literally going to destroy our season."

Ken Holland, "Ok, let's sign a known team-cancer at the winger position and go with that - problem solved."

• Haha 3

Sooo…I guess I am qualified to be a GM in the NHL.  Edmonton has two of  the best point producers in the league, no defence and no goaltending. The team is clearly going through some stuff. Drai is upset, McMefirst never seems happy. The solution you ask? Well clearly Evander Kane can fox this issue!  His incredible 200’ game will really shore up the back end. For their sake maybe he can avoid making everyone there hate him for a few weeks and at least put up some points. Decent low price gamble but totally the wrong player for that teams needs

Edited by Amebushi
Spelling

1 hour ago, Hamhuis Hip Check said:

How long until he sleeps with mcdavids girlfriend

Why are you suggesting McDavids girlfriend is a whore and sleeps with anyone who wants her..

Do you have evidence of this or just making up crap about a girl whose name you don't even know, let alone anything about her personal life or her morals and ethics.. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Why are you suggesting McDavids girlfriend is a whore and sleeps with anyone who wants her..

Do you have evidence of this or just making up crap about a girl whose name you don't even know, let alone anything about her personal life or her morals and ethics.. 

Haha.

The resident oilers fan is getting defensive because deep down he knows this has a real chance to blow up in their faces.

• Cheers 2

Hahahahaha yup, that should do it! Well done Oilers, I'm sure brining in a known locker room cancer is going to do wonders for your already fragile locker room and defending/goaltending issues. God I'm so happy the signed him. No doubt he'll put up some points, but at what cost. 3 things are constant in life, the sunrise, taxes, and the Oilers finding a way to mess things up. I love it.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I totally agree with what you are saying, but in the op’s defence, I think he/she was commenting specifically on Kane’s moral judgment, without thinking about McDavid’s gf. We all make mistakes, especially with sarcasm.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

:picard:

Media painting it as a sweepstakes…

They were likely the only team serious about offering him a contract. Most teams were probably only interested at league minimum where they could bury the contract.

Glad the Canucks are going the opposite way and being progressive while the Oilers have no problem selling out their morals for a couple more wins.

Doesn’t matter if he’s criminally responsible in these situations his character is right there for everyone to see. He’s a narcissistic, misogynistic, piece of crap that is abusive towards women. That has now become an acceptable part of their culture.

• Cheers 1

pa5TfaN.jpeg

One of my favorite stories was the one about Big Buff taking EK's track suit and tossing it in the shower.....:lol:

Gotta say, it's kismet that a guy who lied about about his vaccine status ends up in Alberta.....I guess it's because Green Bay doesn't have a hockey team.....

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

:picard:

Media painting it as a sweepstakes…

They were likely the only team serious about offering him a contract. Most teams were probably only interested at league minimum where they could bury the contract.

Glad the Canucks are going the opposite way and being progressive while the Oilers have no problem selling out their morals for a couple more wins.

Doesn’t matter if he’s criminally responsible in these situations his character is right there for everyone to see. He’s a narcissistic, misogynistic, piece of crap that is abusive towards women. That has now become an acceptable part of their culture.

When you put it that way, he'll fit right in, in Edmonton.