The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Flames / Sat., Jan. 29/22 / 7:00 PM (Hockey Day In Canada)

Rate this topic

-DLC-

Gotta listen to trade offers. I don’t think Canucks are wanting too move anyone but if a crazy deal thats hugely beneficial for the Canucks you gotta explore it.

turn Garland into Alexis Lafrenière ,Kakko and a 1st….sure.

You gotta set the return high if you wanta trade.

Edited by HockeyHarry
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, PuckTruckCanuck said:

Lots of talk on Miller the only way I see Miller going to Toronto is if Morgan Riley is coming back the other way

Of course Toronto is "always" in the mix. Realistically, is there anything that Toronto has that we would want

6 minutes ago, rychicken said:

A lot of pressure on Juulsen to carry Hunt....

this combo looks scary to me, i don't think they get more than 15 minutes of ice time. That said, the Gudbranson/Zadorov combo on the Flames line up isn't great either (had -3 against the Blues). I am wondering where Hamonic is. Is he still on IR? With burroughs and poolman out it would be great to have someone like Hamonic in the line-up. Last time Juulsen played for the big team he was solid.

50 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

Can't compare TB contracts as they are worth way more since they have a better tax situation.  A 5 Mill contract in Florida is like 7 Mill in BC.  The amount that they take home is the same.

Uh I think you are over thinking it, 7 mill is 7 mill anywhere. No one looks at taxes like that, these are hockey players not businessmen, the league isn't that evolved. People need to realize its not that sophisticated.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, the_impersonator13 said:

It's nothing personal and I'm sure he's a nice guy but Harnarayans commentating in the first Canucks vs Oilers games was one of the most bias called games I have ever heard in my life...and I thought the Bruins commentators were bad. Dude....we know you love the Oilers but please take it down 400 notches. 

The difference between a Bruins specific homer call and a Sports Net call where both sets of fans will be watching is like night and day. I expect the hometown broadcast to be biased, but a national broadcast should be as unbiased as possible.

1 minute ago, CanuckRookieFan said:

Uh I think you are over thinking it, 7 mill is 7 mill anywhere. No one looks at taxes like that, these are hockey players not businessmen, the league isn't that evolved. People need to realize its not that sophisticated.

That is definitely not true. Geographical location plays a huge role more than you think.