The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Flames / Sat., Jan. 29/22 / 7:00 PM (Hockey Day In Canada)

Rate this topic

-DLC-

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Needless to say, big game tonight with teams in front of them having already grabbed points today. Big four point game against the Flames, could be a make or break it game honestly. 

Make or break it? What do you mean? 

I don’t think it’s make or break until the team is mathematically out of the running for the playoffs. 

But I do agree that tonight’s game is a huge one against Calgary. We really need to win

See if the reinforcements of Demko and Bo will help. 

If this game is a make or break game, then management has to see the writing on the wall, and start selling, and preparing for next season. 

1 hour ago, Darius said:

What I remember from that game (beside the 11-0 drubbing) were the fights.

we need another Gerald Diduck!! Kruse looks like a pro typical flame with his haircut lol

Man, you gotta love Jim & Tom's commentary, back in the day. Them 2 dudes suffered through so much mediocrity(measured in decades), 1994 was perhaps the gift they truly deserved, moreso than any human, before & after!

• Cheers 1

51 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Make or break it? What do you mean? 

I don’t think it’s make or break until the team is mathematically out of the running for the playoffs. 

But I do agree that tonight’s game is a huge one against Calgary. We really need to win

See if the reinforcements of Demko and Bo will help. 

If this game is a make or break game, then management has to see the writing on the wall, and start selling, and preparing for next season. 

You're right, we're in it til we're eliminated. But by make or break it I mean our scratching and clawing our way into a spot. These four point games are massive, and losing them would be devastating to our chances.

How they do over this next stretch, especially against teams they're chasing, likely decides the season imo, because if they don't convince management they're in it we likely see changes that may very well signal we're looking towards the future as opposed to the playoffs this season. 

What happens depends on how we perform, especially over this next month. It's on the boys, their fate is in their hands.

Edited by Coconuts
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Aardvark said:

Yeah, I was just coming in here to whine about Shorty doing the Jets game. Now we’ll be stuck with Kelly Hrudey and/or Cassie Campbell. :sadno:

You mean Cassie "he takes a (s)hit Campbell"? I still laugh just thinking about it...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NHTyrany said:

Big Mac on the ice with less than 3 min and a one goal lead against the Queens. Obviously he has the confidence of his Flyers coach.

That’s not saying much. 
Tank mode perhaps?

You are talking about a Flyer team that has sunk to the bottom of their division and has lost a lot of games since the departure of AV and the hiring of Mike Yeo.

Edited by PistolPete13

1 minute ago, Gnarcore said:

Campbell absolutely sucks at the job. Great insight but terrible delivery. Not a fan of Singh's work much either. 

At least we will great a break from Shorthouse and him letting the viewers know how much time is remaining in the period, like every 3 minutes!!! 

• Sad 3

2 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Campbell absolutely sucks at the job. Great insight but terrible delivery. Not a fan of Singh's work much either. 

I like her but I'm probably not objective because I've had a crush on her for years. And besides, sometimes her slip ups are awesome. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, KirkSave said:

At least we will great a break from Shorthouse and him letting the viewers know how much time is remaining in the period, like every 3 minutes!!! 

Ya I have no issues with John & John. Shorty is no Jim Hughson or Jim Robson but he's good. This is the worst combo possible. Id rathe have Craig Simpson...that is how little i think of this. 

• Haha 1