The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Flames / Sat., Jan. 29/22 / 7:00 PM (Hockey Day In Canada)

Rate this topic

-DLC-

40 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Olympics sure there you see it with like 30 broadcast teams or more on CBC. Women's golf sure. Not that I watch that.  Formula 1? Not any race I have watched. Wouldn't know about college basketball or Nascar...uhg.  Name an NBA female play by play broadcaster. I curious. You are aware of the difference of color commentary and play by play right? 

Formula 1, Danika Patrick was the first one. And that was pretty special. 

NBA, Beth Mowins. First in NBA history. 

I’m not talking about colour commentary. I’m talking about play by play. 

Even if females do commentary it’s the first step in their broadcasting journey. In news, there are a ton of females that have their own shows. Most of them started in the ‘minors’, reporting. 

Women have just as much talent at telling us what’s going on in the field, streets and ice.

Again, not suggesting that you’re saying otherwise. 

Talent, like cream, rises to the top. Just needs patience and support. 

Edited by Sharpshooter

3 hours ago, rychicken said:

10 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT – Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames (Sportsnet and CBC)

At least the Canucks aren't playing the Coilers with this crew, Harnarayan is such an Deadmonton homer it makes me sick to listen to him.

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Praise Miller, Hughes, Demko. 

Don’t expect much from Petey. He’s still not all there. 

He has 5 goals in his last 6 games and a PPG the last 13 or so games. Petey’s been solid. Quietly on pace for 50+ points

Edited by Odd.

27 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

I can't think of a sport where I've heard a woman do play by play. Lots of color commentators. Tennis was ahead of the curve there. 

Play by play in tennis.  lol

Shorty really rambles on about past nonsense while the play is on and he does not see the play properly.

e.g. he is forever saying the player missed the net, when it was a pass, or a deflection, or a save.

He needs Garrett's eyes, cuz he sees everything, no wonder he was a goalie.

And this old excuse of not calling the play cuz its on TV is BS.

A lot of us don't know every name and every number or what position every name or number on the other team plays.

Give up if you can't keep up Shorty, or at least save the stats and anecdotes for after the whistle.

And please see your optometrist, cuz when you're right, and you are calling the play, you're the best.

28 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Formula 1, Danika Patrick was the first one. And that was pretty special. 

NBA, Beth Mowins. First in NBA history. 

I’m not talking about colour commentary. I’m talking about play by play. 

Even if females do commentary it’s the first step in their broadcasting journey. In news, there are a ton of females that have their own shows. Most of them started in the ‘minors’, reporting. 

Women have just as much talent at telling us what’s going on in the field, streets and ice.

Again, not suggesting that you’re saying otherwise. 

Talent, like cream, rises to the top. Just needs patience and support. 

Those women in news usually had a broadcasting background ;) 

8 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Shorty really rambles on about past nonsense while the play is on and he does not see the play properly.

e.g. he is forever saying the player missed the net, when it was a pass, or a deflection, or a save.

A lot of us don't know every name and every number or what position every name or number on the other team plays.

Give up if you can't keep up Shorty, or at least save the stats and anecdotes for after the whistle.

And please see your optometrist, cuz when you're right, and you are calling the play, you're the best.

They didn't do play by play in tennis. Fernandez does color. And is great at it :) 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Shorty was the only guy who called the stanchion goal by KB in that game vs Sharks in Western final correctly in real time. 

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/top-5--henrik-stanchion-goal/t-277437438/c-5205420

• Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

This GDT is turning pissy for no apparent reason...

• Haha 2