The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Chicago Blackhawks | Jan. 31, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol even if we have better pking we wouldn't be anywhere near the top in the pacific.. they can't score enough goals to win games.. we have scored 2 goals or less in 27 of the 44 games and won a grand total of 4 of the 27 games.. if we can manage 1 more goals in those 27 games we would have picked up minimum 8 points if not 8 wins then we'd be comfortably sitting in a playoff spot. scoring 2 goals or less in more than half of the games ain't going to win u games.. u can't expect the goalie to give up 1 goal or less in more than 50% of the games.

Our D doesn't contribute enough offensively.  8 goals all season by our Dmen. 

If our D was more dangerous offensively it makes more room for our forwards. Myers has 0 goals OEL and Hughes have 2 each..

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

What's our record since BB took over. We lost 4 or 5 games. Won around 10?

Playoffs is too tough. There's only 1 spot and CGY has 5 games plus 2 points on us. 

I don't think we'll make the playoffs. But it could get interesting down the stretch 

I like our chances under Bruce. Keep pushing and fighting boys. Your fans believe in you...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Devron said:

Honestly the only guy that we let go that I thought was a big screw up. Toffoli yeah that kinda sucked but I didn’t cry over it. Marky  well I knew that we were going for playoffs and would probably lose him anyway. Tanev stung 

That whole Toffoli deal was a roller coster type ride, I was gutted when the deal went down as I didnt think it was a good time and I didnt care much for Toffoli as a player but when he started banging goals in and had such a great transition into the squad I was as high as a kite, then with the non re signing it was like I had bungy jumped and the cord broke, we lost prospects and picks for literally nothing. Tough ride all up!

Markstroms loss was palatable as Demko is the future and Tanev although its painful to see him perform well in a flames jersey he isnt the solution to this teams problems. We need speed and attacking pressure along with more size/grit thats not Tanev.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, canuckpuckluck1 said:

That whole Toffoli deal was a roller coster type ride, I was gutted when the deal went down as I didnt think it was a good time and I didnt care much for Toffoli as a player but when he started banging goals in and had such a great transition into the squad I was as high as a kite, then with the non re signing it was like I had bungy jumped and the cord broke, we lost prospects and picks for literally nothing. Tough ride all up!

Markstroms loss was palatable as Demko is the future and Tanev although its painful to see him perform well in a flames jersey he isnt the solution to this teams problems. We need speed and attacking pressure along with more size/grit thats not Tanev.

As bad as Seattle's doing. Do you thing the Oilers are freaking over losing Adam Larsson? He's certainly one of the better Seattle defenders, just his +/- is bad because they don't have decent goaltending. 

5 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Playoffs is too tough. There's only 1 spot and CGY has 5 games plus 2 points on us. 

I don't think we'll make the playoffs. But it could get interesting down the stretch 

If I've counted right, we're 12-4-4 through 20 games with BB or .700 win%

With my reudentary math, Canucks have 37 games remaining and if we can continue our current win% we that should win us ~26 games = 52 points.  Add to our current 46 points brings us to ~98 points.

Someone better at math is welcome to correct me.

• Thanks 3
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

I think he's playing better with the Canucks this time around. QH has a very stable d partner on his right, that sticks up, and back up everyone on the team.

Actually from my memory he was just as good when he played for us 3 seasons ago. He was a fan favorite.  Hit and fought. He rightfully went to Tampa to win 2 cups as UFA.

He played very well in those few games with Quinn and was a physical guy not afraid to fight that season. 

He was stuck in the minors that year in ANA and then Utica but got called up due to our injuries. Trade to Vancouver might have saved his career and got him 2 Cups. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Not saying we have been good enough offensively but when you've played the most games and given up the fewest goals 5on5 yet are a 500 team with the 32nd ranked pk its kind of obvious what the main issue is.

The Islanders success is a good example of what a low scoring top ranked 5on5 team with a good pk looks like the previous two years.

i don't think islander is a good example they score goals by commitee and have contribution from all their lines and most importantly defense.. if u can't average close to 3 goals per game u aint' going to win. the islanders were good defense team sure but they were still avging 2.7 goals per game in all those seasons. look at this season. they are avg 2.3 and they are sitting in top 5 for goals against per game.. look at where they are in the standing? below .500

not a single team that avg less than 2.5 goals per game are in a playoff spot regardless of their goals against how great their pk is etc. i'm willing to bet no team in the last decade have made the playoffs avging under 2.5 goals per game regardless how great their defense is. the closest i can think of is probably the LA kings back in the sutter days but i thinkt hey still avg at or over 2.5 goals per game. 

50 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

But we can do our best to make sure Edmonton and Calgary don't make it either. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

If you say enough times that Miller is gone by the TDL, I’m sure you alone has the power to make happen.

You can do it buddy!

Thanks man. Yeah my goal is to say it at least 3 times a day like breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Might sneak in a snack here and there too.

Edited by khay
  • Haha 2