The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Predators / Tuesday, Feb. 1/22 @ 5:00 pm PT

Rate this topic

-DLC-

57 minutes ago, nergish said:

I said this in the last game day thread - Juulsen definitely has the physical tools of a former 1st-rounder. 

Good size, quick fluid movements (if not the fastest skater), and decent hands. 

Hamonic and L. Schenn are great examples of guys leaning on their foundational skills to succeed (and maintain a role in the league), while never quite reaching their full potential. If he could turn out like one of those guys, that could be useful for sure.

Honestly if him and Lamiko weren't connected to perhaps Bennings biggest miss (tho he's the guy I wanted lol) the trade would be more appreciated I think.

Benning and whoever else seemed to really do a good job trading for reclamation projects or guys that nobody really knew much about.

Highmore, Motte, Lamiko, Schenn, Burroughs are all guys that are doing very well and are all deserving of being on an NHL team. With Noah looking like possibly another one someday. Pretty impressive when you look at what the cost to aquire them or in Schenn and Burroughs case, their AAV

• Vintage 1

Important game for our mentality, win and we're right in the playoff picture, lose and we slide back to .500. We need to make the jump at some point and get out of this .500 hockey mind-state and start becoming regular winners, and have a great chance to do it now. Nashville are average at home and we've got a fresh Demko coming in who's going to have to steal it.

2-1 Canucks, Demko with a monster game.

• Vintage 1

54 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet !!!

Pearson-Miller-Boeser

Dickinson-Bo-Garland

Hogz-Petey-Podz

Motte-Lammikko-Highmore

?? Or do we have line-ups yet?

Perfectly fine looking lineup if ya ask me. Tho I feel Chiasson deserves to be in over Dickinson but I'm gonna guess I'm in the minority and I'm not a hater of Dickinson by any stretch just feel he's struggling a bit.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, -DLC- said:

"OK, everyone whose name starts with P, you're in"

Hope it means ChaseOn is out. 

Garland-Pettersson-Podkolzin

Pearson-Miller-Boeser

Hoglander-Horvat-Dickenson

Motte-Lammiko-Highmore

Nice to see a fully healthy forward group. Makes it easier for Bruce to roll all 4 lines evenly.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

This will definitely help reduce some fatigue with less travel.

Thats good for Canucks playoff chances. They are still in the thick of it amd I see Coilers lose a bunch in the Florida road trip coming up soon.

37 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Perfectly fine looking lineup if ya ask me. Tho I feel Chiasson deserves to be in over Dickinson but I'm gonna guess I'm in the minority and I'm not a hater of Dickinson by any stretch just feel he's struggling a bit.

I think Dickinson can do what Chiasson does but with more speed and defensive tenacity. 

Our expectations are obviously bigger for Dickinson due to his contract but he is still a better player than Chiasson. 

• Cheers 1