The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Arizona Coyotes at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 08, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, iceman64 said:

What a goal by Millsy, will say it yet again, trading Miller would be a horrible idea unless your trading for a big fast 1st pairing D and even then that would suck not having him on our team.. 

There would have to be a centre and a high draft pick or two. 

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

For a 1st? Hell no.

For a guy just entering his prime who plays a heavy intimidating game?

It would be buying low considering if he becomes the 25 goal 60-70 point guy in his prime you’ll never acquire that player. Certainly not for a measly 1st.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 2

Just now, DeNiro said:

For a guy just entering his prime who plays a heavy intimidating game?

It would be buying low considering if he becomes the 25 goal 60-70 point guy in his prime you’ll never acquire that player. Certainly not for a messily 1st.

Big if. I'm not interested in trading our 1st for a third straight year. Our prospect pool is crap, and Rutherford isn't on board with moving out picks anyway.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, BPA said:

If using a 1st then Canucks might as well go for it, keep Miller and make the playoffs.

Trade Dickinson + Poolman/Hamonic + unprotected 1st 2022 for Crouse.  

We get a young PWF and much needed cap space.

Unlike some people on here I have no problem trading 1sts for the right player.

I don’t see anyone complaining about giving them up for Miller and Garland now. And the funny thing is they both have more value now than we traded for them.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 3

24 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

So Arizona’s awful. 

….Let’s not talk about that right now…lol, yeah they are having a rough year, feel terrible for the guys stuck playing there. Knowing what they got ahead of them too with this rink fiasco. I bet lots of their UFAs are gone no matter what. Crouse would be a big add for us…

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, HKSR said:

He's a very smooth and efficient skater, so it bodes well for his longevity in the game for sure.

Since playing at the top level he has consistently played high 70's into the low 80's game wise until 2019- 20, he played 66 games.

Last year 46 from a 56 game schedule.

As you state he has am effecient skating style. 

Hopefully when this Covid crap is over and the younger members of our team hit their stride, he will also pick up his game.

• Vintage 1

20 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

So if the Canucks used a lottery protected 1st round pick to land Crouse, would it be worth it?

ive really wanted the Canucks to pry Crouse out of ARZ-he’s a friggin tree trunk out there.  I dont know about the 1st though, too much value for a guy that might not put up numbers ala Dickinson. But hes a nasty one thats for sure

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

It is the Coyotes, so a grain of salt for sure. But I've been of the opinion that OEL should be getting more of those soft offensive minutes for a little while now. Given the career he's had it's strange that he's just fallen off offensively.

It's a number of things, no doubt, but Hughes getting preferential treatment offensively is part of it. If Hughes wants to grow as a player he'll need to take more of those hard minutes OEL and Myers are eating.

We are seeing Hughes get more defensive looks as time goes on, so you might be getting what you want by default. But I think you are right, we need a better division of those minutes. Be even more interesting if Rathbone is the real deal.

6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

It is the Coyotes, so a grain of salt for sure. But I've been of the opinion that OEL should be getting more of those soft offensive minutes for a little while now. Given the career he's had it's strange that he's just fallen off offensively.

It's a number of things, no doubt, but Hughes getting preferential treatment offensively is part of it. If Hughes wants to grow as a player he'll need to take more of those hard minutes OEL and Myers are eating.

Ermmm..  the only knock on Hughes is his D game and he's gotten better but hardly near his ceiling and that will dictate hard minutes when you need guys who play a high-end D game because if not.. Guys like McDavid etc etc will feast on D weaknesses so he still has a ways to go but steadily improving in that area but still needs work. He'll get there, just when is the question.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Big if. I'm not interested in trading our 1st for a third straight year. Our prospect pool is crap, and Rutherford isn't on board with moving out picks anyway.

Depends. Some of the prospects seem to be showing some interesting glimpses according to the those posting in the threads.

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Not really a big if. Guy is on pace for 40 points on an absolutely brutal offensive Arizona team. He for sure puts up twice the goals on a better team.

I’m not worried about our prospect pool right now. With proper coaching we can see this team is only a couple D men and some solid depth role players from being a playoff team.

Add Crouse to an already deep forward group and we’d have a great mix of players.

Giving up 1sts is not a bad move if you’re getting core players in return.

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Unlike some people on here I have no problem trading 1sts for the right player.

I don’t see anyone complaining about giving them up for Miller and Garland now. And the funny thing is they both have more value now than we traded for them.

Adam Sandler Halloween GIF by Netflix Is a Joke

• Haha 3