The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Anaheim Ducks at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 19, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Yes it is actually pretty sad, as he drops them for anyone of his team mates.

It's not an easy thing to do yet he's taken on much bigger men just to keep in the league.   Sad this is how things end up for him.   Sure quite a few of the guys can't look in the mirror after last nights response to this - or at least they shouldn't.   Again feel it was ANA's tough guy that kept things tame.   Sure was nice when we were like that instead.   Speed and skill have a much better opportunity to shine with some balance. What we have isn't terrible compared to half the teams in the league - but it isn't great either.   There is a reasons the NYR made sure they got Reaves after Wilson's fiasco and code breaking antics.   Burroughs for sure have created a response - so should have the scoreboard.    This team is all Jekyll and not enough Hyde. 

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Qwags said:

I've wasted a third of my life watching Benning/Weisbrod flounder about like idiots.

Oh to be so young :)... do feel your pain though @Qwags.

On the bright side my friend you have plenty time to wait for a good team... Feel more sorry for the old timers, who may not have that kind of time left...

Lets hope we all eventually can enjoy the holy grail together... 

Edited by spook007
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Oh to be so young :)... do feel your pain though @Qwags.

On the bright side my friend you have plenty time to wait for a good team... Feel more sorry for the old timers, who may not have that kind time left...

Lets hope we all eventually can enjoy the holy grail together... 

That we will.   And we will also pay our respects to those who have waited for half a century but never got to see it when it happens.   Flip a coin every time it's 50/50 even if it's 100 tails in a row.   With 32 teams the midline is now 3 cups a century or so ... not great. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

That we will.   And we will also pay our respects to those who have waited for half a century but never got to see it when it happens.   Flip a coin every time it's 50/50 even if it's 100 tails in a row.   With 32 teams the midline is now 3 cups a century or so ... not great. 

Yep that's just it then bigger the league the harder it gets.... We should have had ours in '11.... still dreaming though :) 

tired homer simpson GIF

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

As David Gray said, “Sell, sell, sell”

edit:  was that album real 96. I feel so old. 

Yeah I think it's time to look at moving some assets - bring up some of the kids and let them learn under Bruce and gear towards next year. Let's be honest if we are going to re-tool guys like Dickinson, Myers etc are not going to bring us the pieces we need which means we have to move Miller and/or Brock. Or do we keep Miller and move Bo (Don't get me wrong I love Bo but Miller brings the same tangibles as him and more IMHO) - the list of available UFAs this summer don't really excite me for what we would have to pay for them. So yes I agree - sell, sell, sell :)

5 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Burroughs would have dropped the gloves if any of his teammates were hit like that. 

Pathetic response by the team

Truly is disgusting. One of JB’s many failures was assembling a team that was physically incapable to play in this league. It was like watching kids versus pros last night. We got more than out hustled. We got tossed around like what the Hulk did to Loki. The Burroughs boarding was a signal to all the Ducks that the Canucks were easy and weak. 

I hope JR fixes this. 

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, IBatch said:

What a crappy game.   Not a season ending one (yet) but i figure we have only a few games left to get on some sort of winning streak or these guys will be fully expecting some trades.     Im glad JR and Allvin are been patient - but you can bet your bank account that they can't wait to put their stamp on this team / and given they can't buy their way out that means trades are coming. 

Oh it's over 

world-wrestling-entertainment-wwe.gif

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

I hate that.   Deslaurias.   Our guys are too scared because ANA actually had a deterrent and they know that.   Wake up management.   Waiving Gadj...this stuff really bugs me.   Have 100 years of history to draw upon and JB etc played in an era where they knew that ... Green too.   JR knows.  He better at least. 

Smyl was teammates with Benning as a Canuck.  Maybe that's what made it ultra unforgivable.  And Benning was Canuck teammates with Smyl at the same time as all of Rich Sutter, Garth Butcher, Craig Coxe, Dave Richter, Daryl Stanley, Michel Petit, Ron Stern, Marc Crawford, Glen Cochrane, Harold Snepsts and Mel Bridgman.  He must have been like...what the heck Jim.

Unless your totally delusional the playoffs were out of reach when Jb was fired,,,. actually they were out of reach when he wasn’t fired in the summer. 

it’s time to start making moves and get this team set up for next season and beyond.
This group just isn’t good enough it’s been proven.

JR PA have there work cut out with the mess JB left, the lack of nhl prospects and cap mismanagement.

6 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Burroughs would have dropped the gloves if any of his teammates were hit like that. 

Pathetic response by the team

He should know better than to skate straight back into the end boards, imo.  Same play that rathbone made.  Cheap hit, but Burroughs should know better too

Yes, the playoffs are over.  
They were over months ago, but this loss just finished it off.    

Ive been very hard on Horvat as a captain. 
People whine and cry about it, but the time after time, Bo goes out of his way to prove me right.  
He is a fine player, but a garbage captain.  
Zero push back.  Zero standing up for teammates.    Blah blah blah post game interviews. 
The guy has the emotion of a floor mat. 
One of the biggest strongest guys out there, yet insists on avoiding every bit of body contact.    He is a total pussycat.  

It is bad form to take away the C from someone, so it’s about time to trade Bo while he has some value.  
Wait a couple years and pick an actual heart and soul captain.  Not some baby who was just there at the time.  

Edited by D.B Cooper
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 2

4 hours ago, hockeyfan-observer said:

My observations...

If you look at our division's makeup, the teams have size and/or play with edge sort of style - kings /vegas/ducks/flames with the oilers having best two players of the bunch.
I believe JR/PA will look at complimenting the team and add more defensive size and structure everywhere. They have relied on exceptional goaltending way too much over the last 3 years.  IMO, I don't think they can be a "consistent" possession team particularly against the bigger teams in this division - for similar sized opponents, I think they are fine.

The last thing we need is false praise from Management  ^_^

• Like 1