The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Andrei Kuzmenko

On 2/23/2022 at 1:09 PM, NUCKER67 said:

Kuzmenko - Pettersson - Podkolzin ??

That's one thing with Benning, he said they wanted to bring in another Russian player (for Podkolzin) but he never came through. In fact he lost Tryamkin. I have a feeling Allvin will get this Kuzmenko guy. 

It's a pretty damn big sell if you can sell the fact he would likely play next to Petey and Podkolzin.

• Like 1

Just now, Boudrias said:

Somehow I don't see a lot of Russian players headed to the NHL for awhile.  

Really?

I thought the opposite. I think we’ll see a lot of them wanting to get the hell out of there with the league likely going belly up.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Really?

I thought the opposite. I think we’ll see a lot of them wanting to get the hell out of there with the league likely going belly up.

Entirely possible. My point being that I doubt they will be allowed to leave. I would be worried about all the non Russian players being allowed to leave as well. Hostages.

44 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Really?

Unless they're Putin worshippers like Ovechkin, or just buy into his propaganda about the evil West.  Then they would be more likely just to want to stay home with Putin.

On 3/2/2022 at 7:52 PM, DeNiro said:

Really?

Especially for the younger single guys with less ties to lose. The financial upside has to be appealing to them. 

2 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Especially for the younger single guys with less ties to lose. The financial upside has to be appealing to them. 

You have to wonder if there will be a KHL next year? If there is it will be downgraded as they have at least 2 less teams and non Russians will likely be reluctant to play there. At the same time I can see Russia not allowing their people to leave.

On 2/23/2022 at 1:09 PM, NUCKER67 said:

Kuzmenko - Pettersson - Podkolzin ??

That's one thing with Benning, he said they wanted to bring in another Russian player (for Podkolzin) but he never came through. In fact he lost Tryamkin. I have a feeling Allvin will get this Kuzmenko guy. 

Huh? You can want something, but you might not get it. It doesn't mean he didn't try hard enough. What's with this spin?

On 2/22/2022 at 9:19 AM, JM_ said:

that seems extreme to me. in all likelihood this current stuff will go the way Crimea did and won't be front page news by the summer. 

I just can't see Putin restricting movement of people, there's nothing in it for him.

Putin's forces are shooting his people, perhaps accidentally, and this will not be forgotten by his victims. His police is already arresting peaceful protestors, and I wouldn't be surprised if the police becomes more and more like the Gestapo.

4 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Putin's forces are shooting his people, perhaps accidentally, and this will not be forgotten by his victims. His police is already arresting peaceful protestors, and I wouldn't be surprised if the police becomes more and more like the Gestapo.

yeah my quote there didn't age well, now did it. Oof :picard:

I just thought he was in it for the money. No one will forget this, thats for sure. 

Edited by JM_
  • Cheers 1

Always hard to guage how good these guys are but based on his points totals he's been progressively been getting better yearly for a long time.

Playing him with Podkozlin and Pettersson would make a brilliant scoring line. I'd worry a bit about their ability to defend but if Podz is better next season, we may easily have 3 20 goal scorers on that line.

31 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Huh? You can want something, but you might not get it. It doesn't mean he didn't try hard enough. What's with this spin?

Benning may have tried, but he failed to bring in another Russian player. Who knows why. Maybe he changed his mind? Maybe other GMs didn't want to do a deal with him? 

1 minute ago, Fan since 82 said:

Maybe he ran out of time?

Or maybe he felt Podz didn’t require it as much and was integrating into the culture more easily than anticipated?

With no one to speak his native language with, it kind of forces the language barrier to broken down much quicker…?

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

You have to wonder if there will be a KHL next year? If there is it will be downgraded as they have at least 2 less teams and non Russians will likely be reluctant to play there. At the same time I can see Russia not allowing their people to leave.

They've lost 2 teams and counting. Foreign players bowing out. Many players have NHL ties might leave. 

If the ruble keeps dropping players would be essentially agreeing to massive pay cuts. The fans? Who knows what's going to happen. 

On 3/2/2022 at 7:52 PM, DeNiro said:

Really?

Thats what I think too

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Last I read they can leave but capped at only 10,000 dollars with them. 

• 1 month later...