The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Andrei Kuzmenko

On 6/6/2022 at 1:33 PM, higgyfan said:

Yeah, he may not ever show at a 4th overall level, but, at 23yrs he had a +.55 pts a game record.  Now that he's up for

a new contract, I doubt it will be for more than $3-3.5m; same thing for Yamamato and $2-2.5m for McLeod.  The

biggest concern is that Koskinan is a UFA.  So they're looking at +10M to sign the RFAs + Koski.

7 UFAs who will not be re-signed.

They only have $7m cap space (which includes Klefbom's salary), so there's no $ to upgrade the goalie mess.

They might buy out Smith and Kassian (if they can) and utilize the $ to upgrade the goal tending, but they sill

won't be able to sign all the RFAs.

I don't know what their prospect situation is like, but if they can't squeeze a couple of ELC in the lineup, they

will be in big trouble putting together a complete team.

Perhaps I'm missing something?

They have Holloway in the wings - Oilers problem is they have 7 ufas to replace and 3 rfas  as well as a back up goalie if they go with Old Man Smith. I think at a minimum they move Barrie as that frees up $4.5 mil and bring up Broberg to replace him. 

I’m thinking this signing is not done yet because:

1. Edmonton is his first choice we are his second

2. Depends on what managements plan is with miller 

My gut says he’s not going to be that amazing in the nhl I just don’t see him being the kind of player we need to add. But if we sign him I will be very hopeful that it translates and stylistically fits well with our mix of players. 

3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Hasn’t it been a couple weeks away for like 2 months now?

Basically just say you’re waiting to see if the Lightning, Rangers, or Avs have interest.

All these lists and short lists are ridiculous. Just shut up until you’ve made a decision!

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Nuxfanabroad said:

This sketchy, BS-rigamarole is a make-work project for overpaid agents & sporting press.

If one is bored/not busy, that person might be lulled into following this tripe.

Best keep busy.

Agents love this process. Keeps their names in the headlines.

I feel like Milstein is just paying lip service to us because Horvat is his client and is gonna be looking for a big payday with us.

• Vintage 1