The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Andrei Kuzmenko

10 minutes ago, EB43 said:

From Miami to here.. hmm I think our weather is going to scare him away.

Russians hate nice weather it’s a known fact.

Those Tampa guys can’t wait to get back to the bleak Russian landscapes trust me.

Hopefully it’s a nice grey day for him when he’s here.

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Russians hate nice weather it’s a known fact.

and fake boobs, those are like repelling magnets to Russian millionaires. 

53 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Those Tampa guys can’t wait to get back to the bleak Russian landscapes trust me.

Hopefully it’s a nice grey day for him when he’s here.

maybe we can create a long line up at Rogers, just to make him feel at home seeing a queue for TP or something like that. 

• Haha 2

KHL free agent Andrei Kuzmenko will be in Vancouver next week for a second meeting with the Canucks

Russian free agent Andrei Kuzmenko is making his way around North America for his second interviews with NHL clubs who he’s interested in signing with.

The Canucks, who have long been considered one of the favourites to land the KHL forward, will meet with Kuzmenko in person next week for a second meeting, according to Rick Dhaliwal.

Kuzmenko finished second in KHL scoring this season, tallying 20 goals and 33 assists through 45 games played.

The Vegas Golden Knights, Edmonton Oilers, along with the Canucks, are believed to be among the finalists to land Kuzmenko’s services for next season.

“Vancouver is definitely on the list,” Kuzmenko’s agent Dan Milstein told us on a past episode of the Canucks Conversation Podcast. “We’ve been talking to Vancovuer executives for a very long time. It’s a great city, good place to play, a good team, good coach, and stable management. Vancouver should be excited for many years on what’s to come.”

Kuzmenko can only sign a one-year deal with a maximum cap hit of $925,000, so he will certainly be looking to be put in the best situation possible for him to cash in on his second NHL contract next offseason.

Let’s hope it doesn’t rain too much next week.

https://canucksarmy.com/2022/06/12/khl-free-agent-andrei-kuzmenko-vancouver-next-week-second-meeting-canucks/

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, hammertime said:

I mean I see no reason for him to sign anywhere other than EDM. Let them have him 

If he signs with McDrai it’s all about himself and making as much as he can in his next contract.  If he does choose us, then that shows character and a guy who wants to earn his minutes and help his club win.  Then that’s a guy we will want. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I mean I see no reason for him to sign anywhere other than EDM. Let them have him 

Poolparty had a pretty rough time when he first came over.  Entirely reasonable that Kuzmenko could choose to come to a team that already has a young Russian speaker and doesn't have a locker room cancer for a captain. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Poolparty had a pretty rough time when he first came over.  Entirely reasonable that Kuzmenko could choose to come to a team that already has a young Russian speaker and doesn't have a locker room cancer for a captain. 

It's a 1 year deal he's gonna go where he has the best opportunity to inflate his stats and earn a contract period. Regardless of Edmonton sucking Alf's socks and McDrai baby's pouty pant's. He'd be crazy not to. I mean look at Evander Kane he is nuclear waste..... Half a season in Edmonton and suddenly teams are clamoring to offer him contracts.  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Isn’t there a story about McPouty whining to the coaches about not wanting to play with Poolparty?  Imagine a Captain doing that.  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JM_ said:

and fake boobs, those are like repelling magnets to Russian millionaires. 

maybe we can create a long line up at Rogers, just to make him feel at home seeing a queue for TP or something like that. 

Sugar seems to be the hard thing to get in RuZ these days ;) 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Last time Coilers took a prospect the Nucks were interested in it didn't end up too well..He'll make the right choice if he knows what's good for him.

Try penciling him into our top 9....... Then ask yourself are we better? When you consider our groups need is he a guy you say to yourself that's the ticket or is it just a case of not wanting to miss on a free asset.