The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Andrei Kuzmenko

10 hours ago, JM_ said:

I would think it would make someone like Pearson more available, not Miller.

More directly yes, but the addition of a Miller trade should give us NHL or close to NHL depth in areas we need with the potential to be more.  Kakko, Lundkvist, Warren meet three needs and if two become strong pieces for us then I’d consider it a win with other cap space being made too.

The last thing Edmonton need is another skilled forward, they need to focus on their D and goaltending but clearly aren't learning their lesson.

The Canucks have almost too many good young wingers now. Boeser, Garland, Podkolzin, Petey (been playing wing a lot) with Pearson and Hoglander pretty much solidify our top-9 winger roles. If Kuz comes in, you have to trade one of Garland/(hopefully not IMO) Brock for a 3C or defenceman to balance the lineup. Kuz-Bo-Podz would be an obvious killer line, having Horvat play solid defence while the Russians cheat offensively a bit more.

You never know how this kid is going to factor in anyway, he may well not be top 6 material but he would complement Podz nicely.

8 hours ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

More directly yes, but the addition of a Miller trade should give us NHL or close to NHL depth in areas we need with the potential to be more.  Kakko, Lundkvist, Warren meet three needs and if two become strong pieces for us then I’d consider it a win with other cap space being made too.

One could easily argue that Jack Rathbone is a more promising piece then Nils Lundkvist. They are both LD and similar size. 

26 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

3rd round of interviews starting tomorrow. Decision coming soon after.

Followed by a mock game by each team. Players are flying back for a week. 

The only thing left is a mock Stanley Cup parade and Kuzmenko will have a decision made. 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Edmonton is a lot bigger than PG, so does that make it a giant $&!# hole? :frantic:

Edmonton all though not the most beautiful city it fits my lifestyle really nicely. I cheap out on rent to save money and spend most of my time outdoors in the many parks we have drinking a couple beers listening to music or reading a book.

it really works for me because i want to live in western canada and it's a center hub to most construction in the west. a max 1.5 hour flight gets me home when my shift is over covering 3 provinces. I have noticed a lot of trades people call edmonton their home.

• Cheers 2