The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Canucks interested in Jacob Chychrun as a TDL acquisition

Odd.

Hughes/Chycrun

OEL/Myers

Burroughs/Schenn

It is my understanding Chychrun plays on the right side so it would make sense we are the front runners for him considering our weakness on our right side.

7 minutes ago, J-P said:

Just me that was really unimpressed by chychrun last time we played the yotes? Definitely a good player on a good contract, but not a difference maker worth the expected trading price imo.

In my view Chychrun would be a 'core' piece of virtually any team in the league - he's that good.  Which is why some of the proposals in this thread are comical.  It's going to cost a lot to acquire him.  AZ is a hard team to get a read on - but you've got to think that they're looking for elite young prospects on ELC, young blue-chip prospects not yet on their ELC, high picks, and young proven roster players.  The rest of their roster can filled out by overpaid journeyman players just to ice a team and make cap floor. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, HKSR said:

If it was just Klimovich you were referring to, then I get it... but when you threw Rathbone's name in, it made no sense anymore.

EDIT:  I also find it funny that you use "40" as your cutoff number knowing full well, Klimovich was picked #41 :lol:

Spread through all the rounds, not ranked 1 to 40 as drafted.  It was Brian Lawton that gave 40 as a rough indication of the length of a team's draft board.  Himself when he was GM had a bit of a longer list but some teams also have a shorter list.  The Wild had 39 players on their board last year - it's spread through all the rounds and they've combined picks to get the players they wanted while other teams decided to move back.  

Edited by mll

As much as Chychrun has the potential to be a #1 in this league, he has a lot to learn about consistency. And I know that +/- isn't the be-all-end-all of stats, but he has far and away the worst such stat on a team full of bad stats. This season has been quite brutal, but I guess that's always the risk of buying low.

Plus, of course, defensemen tend to develop slower and Chychrun is only... what... 22? 23? 

I'd be all for getting him - depending on whether his pricing is based on last year's performance or this year's performance.

5 minutes ago, Darius said:

Why would Arizona give this guy up? Isn’t he a player they should build around? It’s not like they can’t afford him in the future. 

He wants out lol. Doesnt want to get oliver ekman-larsson'd Lol. maybe thats not the reason. maybe its because ARI is rebuilding and he's worth a fortune on his contract.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

3 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

I know...

To Vancouver: Chychrun

To Arizona: Garland and OE........ohhhhh, wait....something tells me they won't go for this...

;)

garland and OEL both at 50% retained and a second to Arizona... oh wait, wrong Jim

Edited by lmm
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Darius said:

Why would Arizona give this guy up? Isn’t he a player they should build around? It’s not like they can’t afford him in the future. 

He could have secretly asked for a trade. Also put up a career year last season and looks to have gone back to his normal. He’s always hovered around a 30-35 point pace through a session and last year in a shortened season had 41 points in 56 games. In a full 82 game season that’s on pace for 60 points and that’s the price tag I think they’re trying to sell him at.

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, mll said:

Spread through all the rounds, not ranked 1 to 40 as drafted.  It was Brian Lawton that gave 40 as a rough indication of the length of a team's draft board.  Himself when he was GM had a bit of a longer list but some teams also have a shorter list.  The Wild had 39 players on their board last year - it's spread through all the rounds and they've combined picks to get the players they wanted while other teams decided to move back.  

Meh, irrelevant here when it comes to Rathbone and many others picked in the 2nd round or later. 

6 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Philly is looking to make some big changes. I can see Sanheim or Provorov potentially ending up on the block. either of those would be nice. but my preference is still to find a good RHD. We do need good lefties too tho.

Doesn't feel likely that they would move either.   Ellis played only 4 games.  Just by getting him back next season will change things.  They acquired him to play with Provorov.   They also have 5x UFAs Ds so things will change without them having to move their only 2 roster Ds under contract (3 with Ellis).

20 minutes ago, Darius said:

I wondered this myself lol.  Why are they trying to trade a 23 year old top 2 D coming off a career year.  What a disaster of a hockey market, pretty crazy there is no hockey in places like Quebec 

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, kloubek said:

As much as Chychrun has the potential to be a #1 in this league, he has a lot to learn about consistency. And I know that +/- isn't the be-all-end-all of stats, but he has far and away the worst such stat on a team full of bad stats. This season has been quite brutal, but I guess that's always the risk of buying low.

Plus, of course, defensemen tend to develop slower and Chychrun is only... what... 22? 23? 

I'd be all for getting him - depending on whether his pricing is based on last year's performance or this year's performance.

How would you feel about playing on a team with allllll the issues ARZ had and with the only intention of getting worse, purposefully. 

do you think your play would be consistent when your organizations whole existence is inconsistent and up in the air? Especially when as a potential star player you’re being expected to carry the offense on what amounts to an AHL club with some vet presence? 

it sucks. Especially when you have the talent to be something bigger, but mgmt keeps trading away any of the pieces that could compliment your growth.

in almost any other scenario, Chychrun slots into your top 3 D immediately at only 23 years old.

Edited by RWJC

IMO, if it's this years first on the table, we have the inside track. 

I think there's some really interesting stuff brewing. We need to continue building within a 4 year window (Demkos contract) and trust our scouts and JR's NCAA and foreign player recruitment. We're not far off, lets spend.

3 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Boeser + Rathbone + 2nd?

Arizona would only take back garbage and high picks... that's been their business model!!

So, you would have to tweak it a bit... give them Ferland, Hunt, Juulsen, a 1st in 2022, a 2nd and a 3rd in 2023! Done!!!