The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks exploring Tyler Myers trade

brian42

• Era completed changed the title to [Rumour/Speculation] Ottawa interested in Myers

I get why people want this to happen,  but who's going to take those 20+ minutes/night?  RHD with size and plays considerable minutes with some edge - don't tell me Burroughs or Dermott are filling this role.  If this happens another move needs to be made. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fanuck said:

I get why people want this to happen,  but who's going to take those 20+ minutes/night?  RHD with size and plays considerable minutes with some edge - don't tell me Burroughs or Dermott are filling this role.  If this happens another move needs to be made. 

Happy Daniel Bryan GIF by WWE

4 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

I would actually say 2 moves for elusive RHD would have to be made if we do trade Myers. One to play with Hughes and one to play with OEL..

I truly hope that we aren't in on Klingberg and thinking of switching OEL to the right.

Edited by greenbean30
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I’d do it in a heartbeat. 

I think Myers is a better D in general, but it would smooth out our cap on the back end and give us a little more flexibility on the trade front, to make further improvements to D.

4 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I think Myers is a better D in general, but it would smooth out our cap on the back end and give us a little more flexibility on the trade front, to make further improvements to D.

Thats a lot cap savings though. I'd do it. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Ottawa won't trade Zub for Myers, I think they would move Zaitsev, add another russian to the team and save 1.5m in cap space

Zaitsev 4.5m x 2 years

for

Myers 6m x 2 years

Maybe Canucks can get a mid round pick as well. Zaitsev would pair with OEL

10 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Trade myers sign subban

I dont like this idea at all.

PK Subban 8 years ago maybe but not today. 

The Canucks need players who can defend, no liabilities on the back end. They already have offensive weapons in Hughes and OEL ( Rathbone potentially too) but without Myers who will clear the crease, play 25 mins a night and be a defensive deterrent?

2 minutes ago, canuckpuckluck1 said:

I dont like this idea at all.

PK Subban 8 years ago maybe but not today. 

The Canucks need players who can defend, no liabilities on the back end. They already have offensive weapons in Hughes and OEL ( Rathbone potentially too) but without Myers who will clear the crease, play 25 mins a night and be a defensive deterrent?

Subban would. Lets not pretend like Myers is some sort of great defensive defenseman either lol 

Subban plays a role on NJ and he does it well. Physical, good first pass, booming slap shot.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1