The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Thursday Feb 24 Calgary Flames (30-13-6) @ Vancouver Canucks (24-22-6) at 7:00 on SNP-TV AND SNP-AM650

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

I don't care about anything else......not the playoffs (they are not gettin in).....not the upcoming trade deadline (Rutherford is going to blow up this team)...nothing in the future of this club....JUST this game...BEAT the fracking FLAMES!!....just a win today boys...CMON!!!

sing slim shady GIF

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, philtbc829 said:

I don't care about anything else......not the playoffs (they are not gettin in).....not the upcoming trade deadline (Rutherford is going to blow up this team)...nothing in the future of this club....JUST this game...BEAT the fracking FLAMES!!....just a win today boys...CMON!!!

sing slim shady GIF

Yes this game is important.

No Rutherford isn’t going to blow up the team.

Playoffs TBD.

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Exactly, the logo and colours were designed and chosen around the corporation, and we saw an era of new jerseys and colours that were a 360 from the beloved flying skate. It is what it is, but it soured a lot of fans a result. Could you imagine Aqualini changing the logo and colours to suit The Aqualini investment group and we were suddenly red, green, and white to match the Italian flag? I jest, of course, but I also digress. 

you're missing the point. orca bay wasn't equivalent to aquilini investment group, it was equivalent to canucks sports and entertainment. mccaw cellular would be (roughly) equivalent to aquilini investment group (though less diverse).

orca bay was actually cofounded by mccaw and arthur griffiths when griffiths was still a part owner, and it was originally known as northwest entertainment group. mccaw renamed it because he was enamored with the orcas off the vancouver coast and (rightly) thought that it would be a terrific symbol to represent the region, team and organization.

it's one of those things that fans in this market have raged about forever and it makes me want to smash my head into a wall because it doesn't make any friggin' sense. 

38 minutes ago, tas said:

you're missing the point. orca bay wasn't equivalent to aquilini investment group, it was equivalent to canucks sports and entertainment. mccaw cellular would be (roughly) equivalent to aquilini investment group (though less diverse).

orca bay was actually cofounded by mccaw and arthur griffiths when griffiths was still a part owner, and it was originally known as northwest entertainment group. mccaw renamed it because he was enamored with the orcas off the vancouver coast and (rightly) thought that it would be a terrific symbol to represent the region, team and organization.

it's one of those things that fans in this market have raged about forever and it makes me want to smash my head into a wall because it doesn't make any friggin' sense. 

I mean, the frustration makes a lot of sense to many people. I've personally never liked the orca as a logo and don't feel is represents the team. We're not the Vancouver Orcas or Killer Whales. I get the arguments in favour and against, but it's not honestly worth beating a dead horse, imo. To each their own. 

Flames are the hottest team in the league, built for playoff hockey and are legit contenders. If we want a chance to win this game, we need to have great net front presence on Marky, play the body whenever we get the chance and must come out hard right off the top. Another slow start will result in another big loss. Good measuring stick. We want to be a playoff team. Let's see how we play against a rival that is one.

1 minute ago, Jester13 said:

I mean, the frustration makes a lot of sense to many people. I've personally never liked the orca as a logo and don't feel is represents the team. We're not the Vancouver Orcas or Killer Whales. I get the arguments in favour and against, but it's not honestly worth beating a dead horse, imo. To each their own. 

These guys cruised by my house on Sunday.

Told them they will look great in their black jerseys vs the Flames.

Go Nucks

2788792202080332008.jpg.1b13128cb6871029443df2770ce31bf8.jpg

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

they aren't the vancouver downhill skates or vancouver ice rinks with sticks, either. the orca is objectively a better representation of the team and city than any previous logo. that doesn't mean you have to like it, I'm only lukewarm about it myself honestly, but the whole "corporate logo" concept is just kind of a dumb reason not to.

• Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yes this game is important.

No Rutherford isn’t going to blow up the team.

Playoffs TBD.

I agree with you Bob.

Canucks need to improve 2 fwds and 2 d to be on a par with the flames. No blow up needed and JR know this. He's said as much.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Well I don’t wanna see us with a 7 minute penalty kill.

You know the refs would throw the book at us.

seeing him flattened would be worth it for me.

As much heart as the guys have shown this year, Green made the hole too deep to get out of. I'm still shaking my head that Benning extended that guy.