The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Calgary Flames at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 24, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Okay, that was too much fun. I fully expected a loss tonight, so 7-1 makes for a fun night. Demko is amazing. Quinn is amazing...has there ever been a Canuck that can make those swivel moves and control the puck like Quinn. Podz and Hogie have a ways to go, but I love that line. Can you imagine what they would be like if they had 2 - 3 years together. So great to see the big guns step up tonight. This game was an example of what we can do...we just need to do it, again, and again, and again. Trade deadline is going to be interesting. 

• Cheers 1

Also loved the third goal Horvat scored.

Completely stared down a charging Marky and with ice in his veins picked the top corner.

I think Marky was looking for a reason to pull himself from the game after that. He knew we were coming for his GAA. :lol:

• Haha 1

Can't wait til Kyle Burroughs comes back. Im sure h would've loved to have played this game for the jersey but also to match CGY's physicality.

Loved how we didn't deal with CGY's nonsense in the latter half of the game. Classless and dirty bunch CGY is. Hope they get tossed down the stretch and miss the playoffs.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

OEL played like a 7 million dollar defenseman tonight.

Made some fantastic defensive plays and was just a calming presence back there all night.

Myers was really solid as well.

Myers is a beast; and he's our beast.

He could hardly contain that grin when what's his face was bleeding in the box and getting the penalty.

I would not want to face that man if he was mad at me.

He is our modern-era Pronger, imo (and good value at 6, also imo).

Remember the big hits of the 'Pronger Days'?

• Vintage 1

21 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Also loved the third goal Horvat scored.

Completely stared down a charging Marky and with ice in his veins picked the top corner.

I think Marky was looking for a reason to pull himself from the game after that. He knew we were coming for his GAA. :lol:

Maybe Patrick Roy should have found an "equipment problem" back with the Habs in 95 haha

• Haha 1