The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Monday Feb 28 Vancouver Canucks (26-22-6) @ New Jersey Devils (18-29-5) 4:30 (our time) Prudential Center SNP TV & AM650

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

2 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

The easiest game of the trip but if Halak's in net anything could happen.

Hopefully our stars help us out, NJD can score some big goals.

6-4 Canucks in a loose one.

Yep I would be shocked if we give up 3 or less goals.

Should be more open space tonight but our guys need to bury their chances. New Jersey will get lots of chances.

16 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Hopefully our stars help us out, NJD can score some big goals.

Devils are in the lower half of the league when it comes to GF/G - what do you mean by 'big goals'?  This isn't an attack, I don't understand what you mean? 

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Tighten buckets & keep aware around Slew Foot Subban. Haven't seen so many dirty, punk, low-life plays from a D since maybe Pronger, or Bryan Marchment.

Bet the Devs can't wait to boot his 9 mill AAV into the upper atmosphere.

When Nashville made their blockbuster trade for him I seem to recall the pundits saying that Montreal got the worst of that deal. 5 years later they were in the Stanley Cup final against all the odds.

Subban's career has been in a downward spiral ever since.

• Cheers 1

REFEREES

Garrett Rank #7
GR07.jpg
Graham Skilliter #24
GS24.jpg
Games ’21-22 41 46
Games ’20-21 (Reg/PO) 52 / 6 50 / 5
Career Games (Reg/PO) 418 / 3 562 / 4
First NHL Game 1/15/15 1/28/13
Birthplace Elmira, ON La Ronge, SK

LINESMEN

Jesse Marquis #86
JM86.jpg
Tyson Baker #88
TB88.jpg
Games ’21-22 48 47
Games ’20-21 (Reg/PO) 48 / 0 61 / 0
Career Games (Reg/PO) 172 / 0 182 / 0
First NHL Game 10/11/18 10/10/18
Birthplace Bouctouche, NB St. Mary’s, ON

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Gotta throw lots of pucks at the net from everywhere today.

Gonna need four or five in this one I think. 

Not confident in Halak’s ability this season especially after sitting for long stretches. Demko has also been covering a lot of defensive breakdowns this season too.

21 year old goalie playing his 4th career game. What could go wrong lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

If they play with the intensity of the last 2 games then we should be able to score enough regardless of who is in net. Having said that, we have a history of playing down to the level of weaker teams. I'm trusting BB to make sure that they are mentally prepared.

Another 5 - 2 win will do nicely, please and thankyou

Yup. How we come out tonight will tell whether we learned anything from the previous let down games. 

Ice times were spread out nicely across 4 lines yesterday im pretty sure. 

There was no travel required on this back to back. 

There's no exuse for us to come out flat. 

We need to win this one and get revenge on NYI next game. 

As for Toronto, we beat them last time so they'll be coming hard. 

I am just hoping there are no let down games betweem now and TDL. 

its gonna be a difficult one...last night Rangers had their 2nd back to back and now its our turn with our 2nd back to back. stamina will be an issue and No Demko in net either. Hoping Halak will stand tall and have another game where he stands on his head like we know he is capable of, and the team manages to get the W. the boys are full of confidence and heres to keep this streak going... GCG!:canucks:

3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Last night was a great example of him being a difference maker without getting any points. I thought he was really good back their on both ends especially in the defensive zone.

His positioning has gotten so much better that it's fair to say his deal is going to age " real well" as our former leader loved to say.

I've watched the devils quite a bit and they remind me of us in 2019-20 before covid minus the goaltending. they have those nights where the future is on display and can score in bunches but are flat out bad defensively and can't put up good games consistently.

We need to come out and just dictate the play and play smart and structured and we should be fine. 

Jack is so fun to watch and I can see why they would want a guy like Brock on his wing, he drives a line so well and a guy like Brock would feast on his passes. The kid is gonna be fantastic but hopefully not tonight.

13 minutes ago, Devron said:

21 year old goalie playing his 4th career game. What could go wrong lol

Even if he lets in some easy ones Halak needs to take care of business too.

I expect a well rested Devils team to come out flying and try and get run support for their rookie. 

• Vintage 1