The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Monday Feb 28 Vancouver Canucks (26-22-6) @ New Jersey Devils (18-29-5) 4:30 (our time) Prudential Center SNP TV & AM650

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

1 minute ago, brownky said:

They’ll blame him on crutches.

Okay, that was excellent 

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

I do. Halak doesn't look like he cares at all. Sit him for Martin. 

Only one Martin reigns in Jersey and he's not ours

Just now, CanucksCountry said:

Halak has 8 goals against in the 1st period of his last 2 starts this is unacceptable. It's really time to send him down if he doesn't wanna get moved, Martin needs to be the back up I am tired of weak goals out of Halak it's so frustrating 

NMC and this is not Halaks fault. Team hangs him out to dry yet again. Embarrassing effort by everyone in front of him. Bruce should be ripping them a new one right now. 

Just now, DIBdaQUIB said:

It wasn't so much about the goals as the fighting the puck. He looks totally off balance and struggling to follow the play.  Demko is a hard act to follow but we see what our starts  ouls have been if demko hadn't made so many unbelievable saves early in games.  

We arent down 3-0 because Halak is fighting the puck, we're down 3-0 because goals were let in which in turn happened because he was given 0 defensive support

As a fan I dont think I could be any more P**sed Off than I am right now. Its like they forgot to show up again.

The passing is awful, there is no jump.

Its tough to watch.

They played so well yesterday and forgot how to play today.

They have 2 periods to turn it around but at the moment it doesnt feel good

1 minute ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

It wasn't so much about the goals as the fighting the puck. He looks totally off balance and struggling to follow the play.  Demko is a hard act to follow but we see what our starts  ouls have been if demko hadn't made so many unbelievable saves early in games.  

still, it hardly warrants that kind of vitriol.  The team is leaving him out to dry, as usual

• Cheers 1

I mean this game is just the easiest loss to see coming. Almost every single time in this stretch of what will now be 12 straight losses, the Devils look like world beaters, and us, we have passes constantly just bouncing off the sticks when they shouldn't, fanning on shots and passes, no name goalies stoning us like it's nothing. 

It's like Men vs Boys when we play the Devils. All conventional lines of thinking go out the window. We are the more talented team, we are in a battle to make the playoffs, they are certainly not making them, and none of it will matter.