The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Monday Feb 28 Vancouver Canucks (26-22-6) @ New Jersey Devils (18-29-5) 4:30 (our time) Prudential Center SNP TV & AM650

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

1 minute ago, Xanlet said:

Going to guess it has something to do with playing a rested Devils team on the second night of a back to back in a time zone 3 hours ahead but who knows

doesn't explain all the home games we have against them either.. oh we scored 6 goals in the last 7 games against the devil.. every goalie they play is reincarination of Martin Brodeur it seems

Halak better not see any more ice time after tonight. Guy is a joke. Weak wrister through his glove. looks like every play he is.just hoping the puck hits him. our defense was bad. goalie was worse. guy is a pylon

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

NMC and this is not Halaks fault. Team hangs him out to dry yet again. Embarrassing effort by everyone in front of him. Bruce should be ripping them a new one right now. 

I agree, team hasn't played well, but the goalie is supposed to save some of the difficult ones. It's like any scoring chance that's above average, goes in. He reminds me of Cloutier.

3 minutes ago, Nuckthepuck said:

How could you not see halak panic and lose his footing trying to get cross crease. He's not even playing square to the puck just panicking around. Get him out of there 

Yep this game can actually still be saved if they go to Demko.

Theyre probably going to have to anyways when it gets to 5-0.

3 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

Because a goalie is supposed to be making some of those saves. Halak is making zero of them now. 

Easy to blame the goalie, anyone who knows the game knows the real issue is the lack of defensive responsibilty in front of him. 

2 minutes ago, brownky said:

Beer leaguers arent consistently stopping a placed shot short side from an NHL shooter with time on the PK. 

Defence left him to dry. 

first goal was whiffy ish, but the other two were 100% bad D coverage. 

Our PK is consistently awful regardless of the tendie. 

Myers on for all three?

Two beauty passes by OEL and Myers. Eliminate those passes and what's the score?

1 minute ago, eeeeergh said:

We arent down 3-0 because Halak is fighting the puck, we're down 3-0 because goals were let in which in turn happened because he was given 0 defensive support

Still cant make a save. Soooo regardless of who screwed up he isn't exactly pulling his weight. Telling me his play is confidence inspiring is just false

• Upvote 1

I will highlight that my ‘tepid’ defense of Halak is based on two factors:

1) as a recent pickup of the goalie position in my adult age, goalie is ####ing hard. 

2) when your defence is vacationing on a beach somewhere instead of playing D, it’s really, really ####ing hard to play goal. 

i’d argue Halak is ‘average’, but Demko is ‘hart worthy’. So the averageness shows when Demko isn’t in net… because the rest of the team is ‘somewhere else’ in the D zone half the time.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Yep this game can actually still be saved if they go to Demko.

Theyre probably going to have to anyways when it gets to 5-0.

lol demko won't save them this team scored 6 goals in the last 7 games against the devils.. they ain't magically popping 4+

2 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

youre joking right? beer league level? the third goal?? 

Guy can’t even cover the net.  If he moves at all competently he’s in position and sees the pass and stops the pass in front.  But no he’s lying on the ground and now it’s a wide open net for a pass.  That’s an easy save for Demko

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

Edit: Ok it's probably not too early to swap those names now.  3-0....tic tock. 

Aye Quinn better prepare to dig into his pocket, if they don't start tom play during the second

• Huggy Bear 1