The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Monday Feb 28 Vancouver Canucks (26-22-6) @ New Jersey Devils (18-29-5) 4:30 (our time) Prudential Center SNP TV & AM650

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

1 minute ago, bad alice french said:

Well the trend is right in front of you. It's a team game. These goalies need to make saves. Toughest position on the team. Lots of pressure. Gotta make the saves.

Yup, and because it's a team game it's the job of the players in front of him to help him out defensively. 

He needs to make stops, they need to limit the goal scoring opportunities. Complex. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Yeah, it's pretty sad how many folks are willing to $&!# all over Halak while refusing to acknowledge the boys weren't playing well in front of him. 

Halak wasn't good, neither were the boys. Super complicated. 

But they did the same $&!# last year when they were $&!#ting on Holtby, so it's nothing new. 

But Halak has hardly ever been good this year, has he? Maybe I'm forgetting?

• Huggy Bear 1

5 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Ride Demko from now on. Halak isn’t good enough and we don’t play like he isn’t and that bites us in the bum. Call up Martin

^Seems to be a no-brainer. 

Some phantom LTIR injury seems to be our only hope. 

Just a shame that this “Hughes vs Hughes” match-up doesn’t have more suspense attached to it. 

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Halak got the bonus because it was based on starts and not appearances.

Halak is a piece of craperolla.  He should be on waivers tomorrow.  If he’s not then our new GM is a piece of craperolla.  Guaranteed the guys in the room don’t want that piece of craperolla goalie in their net ever again.  

Just now, DeNiro said:

He also played last night.

The Devils are well rested.

possibly but i would expect that more in like the 3rd period. Hughes being a smaller defenseman his greatest strength is his skating i think he'll be a more effective defenseman on the defensive side if he's quicker on his acceleration and such so he can cut off the angles as he ain't gonna run u over. Hughes always come across as a very smooth skater.. but for whatever reason he doesn't look that fast to me overall

1 minute ago, rekker said:

But Halak has hardly ever been good this year, has he? Maybe I'm forgetting?

And coincidently, we weren't very good for most of the season. 

Isn't it telling that unless Demko plays out of his mind we almost always lose?

This team can't afford their goaltenders to look human on any given night, doesn't that point to the play in front of our goaltenders even a little? 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Halak is a piece of craperolla.  He should be on waivers tomorrow.  If he’s not then our new GM is a piece of craperolla.  Guaranteed the guys in the room don’t want that piece of craperolla goalie in their net ever again.  

We can't waive Halak because of the NMC.

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

It looks like our Hughes drank too much coffee prior to the game.

Our Hughes is probably nervous playing in front of his dad.

Their Hughes is probably like “See mommy, my teams better!”

Edited by DeNiro