The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Sheldon Rempal

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

18 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

JR just having fun with us and see how many he can knock off their chairs!

Sorta like Whack a Mole for GM's...................him and Drury (NY Rangers GM), just laughing their A$$es off, as they see CDC explode!

th?id=OIP.37jXq2iEkBvjiaYEkNR9LgHaFj&pid=Api&P=0&w=206&h=154

He is playing with our minds, the way a cat toys with a mouse.... He learns fast.. ;)

• Haha 1

We only had 22 out of 23 available roster spots used. Could be that with the season Rempal is having in the A we want to see if he is capable of filling in for anyone we trade, or giving other teams a look at how he does in the NHL to trade? idk

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Motte? or is this just a reward for Rempal, spend some time with the big team. Did they send di Giuseppe back down?

Probably just the latter yeah. He has been lights out with Abby from what I’ve heard. 

Might be to avoid acruing too many days on the roster for PDG since he already cleared waivers once at training camp. I think its either playing 10 NHL games or being on the active roster for a total of 30 days that leads to players becoming eligible again for waivers.

Di Guiseppe was on the roster previously as well but the time frame is escaping me. His strong season in the AHL, NHL experience, and overall value to teams to add cheap depth heading down this stretch, it wouldn't surprise me if the Canucks call several guys up and down in rotation.

With how things are going keeping assets is key for this club, especially if some bigger ticket names may be on the move here.

Hope Rempal is given a look though, he has been a play driver for Abbotsford, would like to see what he could do perhaps on the wing with Podkolzin and Horvat.

Edited by CRAZY_4_NAZZY
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

40 minutes ago, Pears said:

Sooooo who’s getting traded?

42 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Toronto pulled the trigger for Chaisson. ;)

41 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

Or is there a trade happening???

Interested Ooo GIF by reactionseditor

Nice try guys. I appreciate the humour. I assume that everyone realizes that Rempal just replaces PDG as a healthy scratch as the Canucks continue to cycle some of the Abbotsford guys through the big team. It is good experience for them and will help them be ready if they are needed. It is also give a financial bonus if they have two-way contracts. Rempal certainly deserves it as he is having a great year in the AHL. 

Unfortunately, Rempal is a classic type -- a very good AHL player but a guy who does not have the physical game, the energy game or the defensive game to play bottom 6 in the NHL and is just not good enough to play top 6. But he can serve as a replacement level player if needed in an emergency.  

• Cheers 2

19 minutes ago, Borderline Canuck said:

Recalled but will they play him ?

Nope... Di Giuseppe is still patiently waiting for some love!! and now all of a sudden Chiasson decides to play harder and put up points.... what da.........

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Motte? or is this just a reward for Rempal, spend some time with the big team. Did they send di Giuseppe back down?

Motte: No idea.

Reward: Yes, he has 48 points in 41 games.

di : Yes, he was sent down yesterday I think.