The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kraken trade Mark Giordano, Colin Blackwell to Maple Leafs for 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 2nd-round pick, 2024 3rd-round pick

18 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I still think Rielly's bad enough to singlehandedly lose a playoff series, as are Marner and Nylander.  You can't win with 3 guys who don't care enough about winning to even try to play like NHLers in their own zone.

I don't see em going deep but I could see em winning a round maybe 

19 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I still think Rielly's bad enough to singlehandedly lose a playoff series, as are Marner and Nylander.  You can't win with 3 guys who don't care enough about winning to even try to play like NHLers in their own zone.

Giordano does at least provide a little more consistency on the backend. Perhaps that's all they end up needing in order to go further into the playoffs.

Just now, The Lock said:

Giordano does at least provide a little more consistency on the backend. Perhaps that's all they end up needing in order to go further into the playoffs.

He's a legit NHLer but there';s no one on the planet who can make up for Rielly and opposing coaches will still be able to put out their best players against Rielly and ventilate the sieves Toronto has in goal.  You don't win in the playoffs with any AHLers on the blueline.  Toronto needs to pay whatever price is necessary to get rid of Rielly and his abomination of a contract.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

He's a legit NHLer but there';s no one on the planet who can make up for Rielly and opposing coaches will still be able to put out their best players against Rielly and ventilate the sieves Toronto has in goal.  You don't win in the playoffs with any AHLers on the blueline.  Toronto needs to pay whatever price is necessary to get rid of Rielly and his abomination of a contract.

I don't know. When I think of Reilly I almost think of Mike Green who was great offensively but really needed work defensively. When he was in Washington he was in the playoffs a lot. That being said, Washington didn't win the playoffs until AFTER Green was gone so you could make an argument there.

Just now, The Lock said:

I don't know. When I think of Reilly I almost think of Mike Green who was great offensively but really needed work defensively. When he was in Washington he was in the playoffs a lot. That being said, Washington didn't win the playoffs until AFTER Green was gone so you could make an argument there.

Rielly's even worse than Green defensively.  The problem with a guy like that, especially wearing a letter, is that it creates a culture where playing like trash in the D zone is acceptable.  That's discounting the more obvious issue of giving the opposing team a free powerplay every time he's on the ice in his own zone.

51 minutes ago, rekker said:

Very few things in life are certain. But this trade will be touted by the media as the best move at trade deadline this year. This is certain. 

It’s TO media. 
“Best move at trade deadline EVER by ANYONE.” 

until next year when they pick up a 3rd round pick for the remains of Jake Muzzin. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1