The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Travis Hamonic to Senators for 2022 3rd-round pick

Listening to Ottawa TSN 1200 radio early this morning,

They have no idea why OTT would do this at this time??

They said for sure Hamonic did NOT want to be traded out of Vancouver!

They also mentioned claiming G Harri Sateri on waivers away from TOR

Edited by Mackcanuck

15 hours ago, rekker said:

I've let it sink in and I'm willing to give Dermott a chance. He's a Canuck now and hope he nails it. 

At first I wasn’t too happy with the trades. But Dermott is 6 years younger than Hamonic, a good size, half the price, and could have potential. Plus we get a higher 3 rd round pick.

• Upvote 2

A month ago when hamonic was suspiciously MIA as per usual I was hoping to myself that we could have a mutual termination of his contract in the offseason to turn the page. The thought crossed my mind earlier this season (when he finally got the Vax) if we could waive him and prey to God someone takes him for free. For us to get a 3rd round pick is astonishing, especially seeing as the sens aren't even a buyer. Strange that they would do this but amazing at the same time. 

Servalli on Hamonic trade: Allvin became a really popular person within the Canucks locker room because that group was ready to move on from Hamonic...he had sort of worn out his welcome. (Halford & Brough - Around 6:15am)
Edited by Jester13
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

....how did we get a 3rd round pick for a guy we literally waived earlier this season? Ottawa could have had him for free. This is actually one of the worst trades I've seen (for Ottawa) because there is so little rationale for it. I'm not even sure Hamonic will report since its out east

Edited by AK_19

5 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:

Listening to Ottawa TSN 1200 radio early this morning,

They have no idea why OTT would do this at this time??

They said for sure Hamonic did NOT want to be traded out of Vancouver!

They also mentioned claiming G Harri Sateri on waivers away from TOR

A lot of things Harmonic didn’t want. Like take the vaccine. Or play hockey.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jester13 said:
Servalli on Hamonic trade: Allvin became a really popular person within the Canucks locker room because that group was ready to move on from Hamonic...he had sort of worn out his welcome. (Halford & Brough - Around 6:15am)

I had read somewhere else that he was a bit of an odd duck as well. Wonder if this goes beyond just the vaccine thing?

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Jester13 said:

how can someone who played less than a season worth of game wear out his welcome?