The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Maple Leafs trade Travis Dermott to Canucks for 2022 3rd-round pick

1 minute ago, Rindiculous said:

How?  He's got Hughes and OEL ahead of him.  There's no way he moves any higher than third pairing here.

He is a guy that plays just as well on either side.  He will probably get an audition on the right at some point.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Bure_of_94 said:

My question is... can he penalty kill?  I don’t know the Leaves well enough to know this. I know he’s faster than Hamonic is. But that’s all I recall from the couple glimpses of him.

According to this read (from July of last year mind you), he can...but he's not a "stand out penalty killer". 

https://theleafsnation.com/2021/07/06/travis-dermott-has-a-price-tag-and-upside-the-leafs-shouldnt-be-in-a-rush-to-walk-away-from/

• Upvote 1

Just now, Devron said:

You say the same thing about every leaf defencemen. You need to watch him play for another team. Reserve your judgement my friend because I know exactly how this goes down

Toronto now has 4 D who can actually play defence to go with their AHL trash.  I still don't want this pylon here.

• Haha 1

Just now, Vinny in Vancouver said:

So I guess playoffs is still very much on the menu???

They always were. Next year too. This is where fans are confused. We are not rebuilding. We are retooling and creating cap flexibility 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

He's absolute trash in his own zone and couldn't crack a lineup filled with AHL quality blueliners.  I don't see any indication of him being able to ever be an actual NHLer.

The numbers say otherwise Heff. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1