The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How did JR/PA do on TDL 2022? (10 being best, 1 being worst)

Rate this topic

HKSR

Scale of 1 - 10, how did JR/PA do on TDL 2022?  

251 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It just occurred to me that the folk that fluffed the previous regime are the ones that are gonna be crapping on this regime, while the folk fluffing this regime are the ones that shat on the previous regime. And whenever the next regime comes in the sides will swap once again.

It's the circle of life here on CDC.

Edited by 48MPHSlapShot

1 minute ago, CanucksFan8353 said:

To assess the trade deadline moves,

One must first ask oneself the question:  What if Edmonton loses their back-to-backs against the Stars and Avalanche starting tonight, Vegas loses it's tough matchup tonight in regulation, and we win 2 of our upcoming games against the Stars, Avalanche and Wild?

One must then proceed to assess where that leaves us in the playoff standings with 5 games yet to play against the Knights, Stars, and Oilers, plus a game in hand over Vegas.

One must then ask oneself what is the overall playoff picture like after the circumstances outlined above occur, if they occur

One must also take note of the fact that Edmonton, Dallas and Vegas all played like crap for a stretch before they got hot again like the Canucks are playing like crap right now.  Why must one rule out the Canucks getting hot again the way the Oilers, Stars and Knights seem to be?

One has many questions to think about.

Imho, Edmonton is 1 major injury away from complete failure. McD or Leon goes down and so does the team’s fortune.

VGK could slide even further and are likely already a little banged up aside from their IR/LTIR (pending how much of that was just for cap relief).

Calgary can survive multiple injuries. 

Dallas is a tough call with games in hand.

At least it’s going to still be relatively interesting down the stretch if this team can play up to snuff.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

You do realize that waiting till the end of the season would have resulted in him likely walking to free agency and getting nothing in return. His value to a contender goes to zero once the trade deadline has passed. Best to trade him now while they can still get something in return for him

Lol dude read the 3 previous posts that I've written, including the one you quoted, where I've stated my complete opinion. Cheers. 

As of Tuesday I believe Motte agent said they had not had contract talks yet about Moote on Friday I believe Rick D confirmed still no talks. Which means they left it for the weekend. Had they started earlier they could maybe have come to a deal or at the least started looking for a trade earlier. We got nothing for Motte because they waited till the last hour or two to do anything. When all the deals are already done obviously your not going to get much when you jump in at the last minute.

3 minutes ago, thrago said:

We got nothing for Motte

False, he was traded for a 4rth round pick.

Nothing, is what we would have got when he signs with another team, after this season.

Edited by gurn

7 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

I am not excited about the results of this deadline, but I do think the team is incrementally better off overall. Now let's go make the playoffs.

I'd like to see this.

Lotto

Pearson Horvat Garland

Hogz Dick Podz

Highmore Richardson Lammikko

OEL Myers

Hughes Schenn

Dermott Poolman/Juulsen/Burroughs

Go Canucks Go!

This lineup is not good enough to win, if it wasn’t for DEMKO, Canucks would be at the bottom 

1 minute ago, gurn said:

False, he was traded for a 4rth round pick.

Nothing, is what we would have got when he signs with another team, after this season.

My point was they were completely unprepared, an yes a 4th in 2023 is basically nothing. It's like getting a half of a lottery ticket hoping you can find the other half somewhere.  You might find it but there a 95% chance it's already at the dump.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Itchyfinger said:

This lineup is not good enough to win, if it wasn’t for DEMKO, Canucks would be at the bottom 

For about 25 games they looked like one of the best teams in the league.  We can agree that they are very inconsistent.  We can agree that they have holes.  

However, I am a Canucks fan, I just want to cheer for my team and hope they win.  I don't want to spend all my time disliking them and presuming they will lose.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, thrago said:

As of Tuesday I believe Motte agent said they had not had contract talks yet about Moote on Friday I believe Rick D confirmed still no talks. Which means they left it for the weekend. Had they started earlier they could maybe have come to a deal or at the least started looking for a trade earlier. We got nothing for Motte because they waited till the last hour or two to do anything. When all the deals are already done obviously your not going to get much when you jump in at the last minute.

The Motte stuff sounds eerily similar to how Benning operated during the 2020 offseason.

5 minutes ago, thrago said:

No offense, but if you’re including Dhali as a point of reference it’s probably better not to as it’s a minus to any argument haha.

I find it incredibly hard to believe that discussion didn’t occur throughout the season about expectation/$.

they likely did and this is why Motte was dealt.

2 minutes ago, thrago said:

My point was they were completely unprepared, an yes a 4th in 2023 is basically nothing. It's like getting a half of a lottery ticket hoping you can find the other half somewhere.  You might find it but there a 95% chance it's already at the dump.

Nothing IS nothing

A 4rth pick is something

Why are you arguing?

Also how do you know they were completely unprepared?

3 minutes ago, RWJC said:

No offense, but if you’re including Dhali as a point of reference it’s probably better not to as it’s a minus to any argument haha.

I find it incredibly hard to believe that discussion didn’t occur throughout the season about expectation/$.

they likely did and this is why Motte was dealt.

Not sure what Motte agents motivation would be for lying about it but ok.

Edited by thrago

3 minutes ago, thrago said:

Don't think the JR and PA were unprepared, but do agree with your dump analogy.  

2 minutes ago, gurn said:

Nothing IS nothing

A 4rth pick is something

Why are you arguing?

Also how do you know they were completely unprepared?

Yes, of course.

But losing Motte for the rest of THIS YEAR is something too.

Would love to know what BB thinks of this.

He obviously really liked the Motto line.

And how old will BB be when a 2023 4th actually shows up in the NHL?

Just now, Goal:thecup said:

Yes, of course.

But losing Motte for the rest of THIS YEAR is something too.

Would love to know what BB thinks of this.

He obviously really liked the Motto line.

And how old will BB be when a 2023 4th actually shows up in the NHL?

You're right...they should have traded Motte's 4th for Nick Paul.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Canucks fans: "We got nothing for Motte! You won't find an NHL player in the 4th round!"

Reality: "Motte was drafted in the 4th round."

Canucks fans: "I would rather have him walk for nothing!"

I most definitely would rather have him "walk for nothing" because that does not include the value of Motte to us right now for the rest of this year.

• Thanks 1

Hard to see Motte go but I can understand it, I would have kept him for a playoff run, keep our 4th line together and if we really can't sign him, let him walk and it's still more valuable than a useless 4th.

I wonder how much he's asking for because honestly I'd give him up to 2.5M and we saved some cap with the Hamonic move.

Love the Dermott for Hamonic swap, a lot of Leaf fans loved him (a bit Stecher style).

It'll be only interesting and we can only judge the Motte deal when he signs his next contract. If he gets 3M, fair enough, but if it's under 2.5M then we should have matched it. You never know, there's always a way he circles back but after playing on a decent team he may really blossom.