The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Monday March 28/22 Vancouver Canucks(32-26-9) @ St. Louis Blues(35-20-9) at 4:30 PDST Enterprise Center SNPTV 65OAM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Well that certainly seems like an odd decision Brucie boy. They've got a day between games and then 3 days off before they play Vegas. :shock::shock::frantic:

Demko was fatigued before having to stand on his head in Dallas. They need to manage his workload.

Gotta keep Halak sharp cause we’re gonna need him to play games in the last month here.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Demko was fatigued before having to stand on his head in Dallas. They need to manage his workload.

Gotta keep Halak sharp cause we’re gonna need him to play games in the last month here.

Yeah I read your comment after. Very good point!

• Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, CanuckRookieFan said:

As much as I would love to get into #3 spot i don't think anyone sees Oilers not making it in. They already have posters and promos out for 2022 Playoffs and the fans are buzzing, that team looks to go deep into the playoffs this year.

Except for not having a D or a Goallie.

But they can rely upon Bettman's officiating love because the NHL wants McJesus in the big show to sell sell sell the game. Man, if the Nucks last game is meaningful, the officiating will be a huge Nucks challenge.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I saw that this morning. Was pretty shocked that happened. Doesn’t look staged at all. 

Wasn’t staged.  But apparently Will and Chris made up during an after party.

15 games left and now it's down to 5 teams competing for 2 wildcard places. We're probably going to need 22 points (to take us to 95). So maybe 10-3-2 would do it. Not a lot of room for error there!

Unfortunately even the games against teams out of the playoff race will be hard because they can play freewheeling hockey knowing it doesn't change their situation.

Let's hope we can handle the pressure, I know I can't..........where's that bottle?

47 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I saw that this morning. Was pretty shocked that happened. Doesn’t look staged at all. 

Saw it a few times.   Pretty sure Chris was about to make a comment about her adulterous ways.    “I could.,,,,,”

will smith shouldn’t have done that, he just displayed violence above all when he has clearly stated he’s against it

21 minutes ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

15 games left and now it's down to 5 teams competing for 2 wildcard places. We're probably going to need 22 points (to take us to 95). So maybe 10-3-2 would do it. Not a lot of room for error there!

Unfortunately even the games against teams out of the playoff race will be hard because they can play freewheeling hockey knowing it doesn't change their situation.

Let's hope we can handle the pressure, I know I can't..........where's that bottle?

Indeed, intense and stressful games R us--especially with the officiating of late. If the boys pull off the miracle, whisky will abound.  

39 minutes ago, NHTyrany said:

Except for not having a D or a Goallie.

But they can rely upon Bettman's officiating love because the NHL wants McJesus in the big show to sell sell sell the game. Man, if the Nucks last game is meaningful, the officiating will be a huge Nucks challenge.

Yeah, hard to make it with AHL defence and ECHL quality goaltending.

Halak is an ex Blue and has played in that building plenty. Saving Demko for our divisional games so he’s fresh is a no brainer. Playing Halak after coming off that huge win in Colorado should have him in the right mindset, especially with the TDL over and done with.

• Vintage 1

29 minutes ago, Muttley said:

All the time I've been an avid hockey ex lower tier player and fan, that was one of the most spectacular goaltending displays, both in stopping the puck 

from going in but all the remarkable movements it took to do it.  It was awesome and I'm glad to have seen it as it happened.  Net minder extraordinaire !!!

Totally agree, that was awesome to see first hand. He's worth protecting and BB discretely called out the reffs today for ignoring goal-tender interference. First time I've heard this level of negativity toward officials from BB. Wonder if he gets a call from the NHL posy. 

3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

OMG !  I can't believe BB is goung to play Ha-Lack TWICE in the same Month!  Sounds a bit risky!  Sincerly wish him all the best and may god be with him! Go get us two more points!  I''m going to light an extra candle at the church today just for good luck!

Edited by RU SERIOUS

Halak has earned another start. No doubt about that. You want your backup to feel confident too. And to throw both goalies at the blues is a smart decision I think. Yes every game is a must win right now, but they still gotta stay as fresh and rested as they can down this stretch. Managing every players work load is a smart approach. We can’t afford to burn out.

Good luck we have a pretty savvy coach at the helm!…also one thing of note, everyone posting about our PK improving recently, to me it sure looks a lot better now that Scotty Walker has returned to the team. He is making a difference in that department big time imo. No wonder Bruce raves about him.

GCG!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

If the recent trends continue, here is how things would shake out.  95 points to get a pacific spot , 98 points to get a wild card.

Pacific

Flames

Kings

Oilers  95 points

Wild Card

Blues 99 Points

Stars 98 Points

Jets 95 points

Canucks 92 points

Knights 88 points

****************************************************************************************

Canucks

73 points, 15 games left

95 points means 11-4 the rest of the way

(8-4-3 in last 15)

Oilers

77 points, 16 left

9-7 to get to 95

(8-6-2 in last 16)

Vegas

76 points 14 left

9-6-1 to get to 95

(6-8 in last 14)