The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Boudreau coming back?

Rate this topic

Canuckfanforlife82

I'd personally be very disappointed if he's not back. He's a great interview. He says it like it is. He's positive. 

That said, I haven't heard any Bruce endorsement from the management recently. I suppose now is not the time as they don't want any distractions from the playoff push? 

When Bruce first came in, he would deploy a hyper-aggressive forecheck - often sending 2 forwards throughout the game. But somehow he stopped. Not sure if it started when Alvin came but I've often wondered why he stopped doing something that seemed so successful.

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

OK so we do.  Good stuff

I heard that it was an option year, team elected. 

It wouldn't make much sense to not bring him back, I mean why go out and shake up something thats working? we have a solid assistant coach group too, why screw that up now, we're just starting to recover from Baumgartner. 

1 hour ago, Vinny in Vancouver said:

I'd personally be very disappointed if he's not back. He's a great interview. He says it like it is. He's positive. 

That said, I haven't heard any Bruce endorsement from the management recently. I suppose now is not the time as they don't want any distractions from the playoff push? 

When Bruce first came in, he would deploy a hyper-aggressive forecheck - often sending 2 forwards throughout the game. But somehow he stopped. Not sure if it started when Alvin came but I've often wondered why he stopped doing something that seemed so successful.

Just now, Boudrias said:
1 hour ago, Vinny in Vancouver said:

Is there anyone else you would enjoy more watching a hockey game with than Bruce Boudreau? A sack of wobbly pops down in the man cave. I betcha Bruce has Cherry's phone number. Geez I would fly Don in so the two of them could sit back and tell stories. Those dicks over at HNIC don't have the Hot Stove anymore. A lot of hockey stories are being lost. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Yes.

Boudreau was approved by JR, he’s his guy.

He has more than earned it with his points %.

We have an out of the box management that may make a change regardless. I have no expectations on this one.

It'd be foolish to let someone who can bring out the best in so many players leave.  He got Petey, Boeser, the utility line and (I'm sure there were) others to buy in and play well, to the tune of almost competing for a playoff spot after the rough start.  As someone else said, unless we're retooling big time (moving substantial older vets for the young core) there's no reason why he doesn't come back.

“I’ve been told the language of the contract is unique, and that there are protections for Boudreau in it. However, what I think it also means is that there’s a possibility that Boudreau might not be coming back next year,” Friedman said on the 32 Thoughts Podcast. “It hardly seems like a 100% foregone conclusion that he’s coming back next year, which I find incredibly hard to believe.”

I can't believe this is circulating and made it to mainstream. It shows just how much the media doesn't pay attention or is taking something and cresting something out of nothing.

It was revealed that Francesco consulted with Rutherford about hiring Boudreau before he was hired and Bruce's actual hiring was a factor for Rutherford taking the job. 

Although it happened in a non-linear way, and wasn't spelled out up front, Boudreau is/was Rutherford's guy from the get go. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I can't believe this is circulating and made it to mainstream. It shows just how much the media doesn't pay attention or is taking something and cresting something out of nothing.

It was revealed that Francesco consulted with Rutherford about hiring Boudreau before he was hired and Bruce's actual hiring was a factor for Rutherford taking the job. 

Although it happened in a non-linear way, and wasn't spelled out up front, Boudreau is/was Rutherford's guy from the get go. 

If BB is JR’s guy why no extra year added to BB’s current contract?  Right now, BB will be a “lame duck” coach (if he’s still here) next season.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“I’ve been told the language of the contract is unique, and that there are protections for Boudreau in it. However, what I think it also means is that there’s a possibility that Boudreau might not be coming back next year,” Friedman said on the 32 Thoughts Podcast. “It hardly seems like a 100% foregone conclusion that he’s coming back next year, which I find incredibly hard to believe.”

Paul Maurice?

• Sad 1

The fact he has the same roster that started 8-15-2 hitting at a near .700 clip tells me this team was just missing the right voice behind the bench. Would love to see what he’ll do with a few improvements.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

If BB is JR’s guy why no extra year added to BB’s current contract?  Right now, BB will be a “lame duck” coach (if he’s still here) next season.

There were still moving parts yet to be negotiated behind the scenes while Benning and Green were still on the job.

I'm sure that was just to get Bruce secured under contract in order to get the process moving quickly to take the necessary first step to changing the coach and then GM. That was more important than an extra year, which could be negotiated if/when it worked out. 

• Vintage 1