The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Letang is top pair right shot D and will be UFA this summer

Can we sign him 7milx3years? Will JR call him/his agent? 

his stats showed he is still an elite top pair offensive D in the last 10 years

top 4 will be cup contender caliber

Letang Hughs

Myers OEL 

image.thumb.png.add9d9b1eec21ff37d64f069ce6476cc.png

Edited by tan
  • Vintage 1

• tan changed the title to [Proposal] Letang is top pair right shot D and will be UFA this summer

I had this thought a while back as well. Maybe Letang would want to refresh his career, and play his last few years on a young up and coming Canucks team in beautiful BC. Reconnect with JR, Allvin and Clancey. Play where Luc Bourdon (his best friend at the time) started his career. 

I like the idea of:

OEL - Letang

Hughes - Schenn

Dermott - ??

Burroughs

I think Myers has to be traded. Any chance (RD) Brady Keeper gets a shot next season? 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

I had this thought a while back as well. Maybe Letang would want to refresh his career, and play his last few years on a young up and coming Canucks team in beautiful BC. Reconnect with JR, Allvin and Clancey. Play where Luc Bourdon (his best friend at the time) started his career. 

I like the idea of:

OEL - Letang

Hughes - Schenn

Dermott - ??

Burroughs

I think Myers has to be traded. Any chance (RD) Brady Keeper gets a shot next season? 

I think that is a great idea.  Tell him to bring Malkin with him.  We can then trade Miller and Myers to free up the cap space and get picks and prospects in return.

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yes the same guy who has more points this year than Hughes...

Ok, that still doesn't change the fact that Rutherford doesn't rate Letang.  Much less, Letang isn't going to leave Pittsburgh to come to some poverty team in Vancouver.

There isn't a match to be made here between our team and the player.  Oil and water.

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, AV. said:

Ok, that still doesn't change the fact that Rutherford doesn't rate Letang.  Much less, Letang isn't going to leave Pittsburgh to come to some poverty team in Vancouver.

There isn't a match to be made here between our team and the player.  Oil and water.

Pittsburgh won't be much of a contender if they lose both Letang and Malkin.  They would become a mid table club.  

Pittsburgh are looking to extend both Malkin and Letang and feel it's evident a deal would get done per Marek/Friedman.  A few weeks ago they also said that discussions with Letang weren't going all that smoothly - he's looking at upwards of 7.5M on a 5 year deal which would bring him to 40.

Patrick Johnson after his discussion with Allvin believes they'll do their possible to move Myers this off-season.

Edited by mll
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1