The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Apr. 21, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

For me regarding Boeser is that this is consistent for him.  Like alarmingly consistent.

If Boeser had Garlands motor and drive he'd be an 80+ point player every single year even with his skating deficiencies.  but for all the flack that Miller gets for "giving up on the play" people aren't watching Boeser nearly enough.

In this game, Myers, Boeser, Dickinson were the worst 3 players on the team in terms of effort, gaffes and outright mailing it in.

Sadly with miller, he can claim he's a near 100 point player on the season and WILL get some slack for it.  boeser doesn't have that cushion and nobody should e immune from the criticism of a bad game

Hippy you have always been one of my favorite posters here.  When it comes to Boeser I know its time to maybe move on from the kid, although I worry  if he goes somewhere else he will put it all together and we might regret it.  Its the first prospect we have had that ive followed since the college level, the kid seems like a winner.  I think that the injuries have caught up to him and he might not ever be the same.  Reminds me to a lesser degree of Monahan in Calgary.  Great sniper but injuries got the best of him.  Brock hasnt been the same since he hurt his back then his wrist.

That said i think the biggest problem on the team is the D.  I like Hughes and Schenn.  OEL is fine for now, but it will be a down hill for the duration of the contract im afraid.  If they had a more effective D it would fix so many of the problems.  Bruce is a high octane coach that likes to forecheck. Having that style of play and Demko in net have covered up a lot of the holes on D.  When the D is pressed they seem to fold and make a lot of mistakes. The bottom 2 pairs dont seem to generate much.    We can nag about Boeser, Garland, Miller but aside from having Travis coach the team the biggest down fall has to be the D IMHO.

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Green Building said:

What I perhaps failed to convey is that some people seem a bit mixed about how we can't dump seemingly poor players without retaining cap or offering assets while also not overpaying free agents in competitive D markets.  

Can't have it both ways.

I think the idea would be that you trade Miller and one of Boeser/Garland for some of those younger D and then maybe sign a cheaper UFA like Lyubushkin (who's less will rounded, but better defensively, younger and cheaper) if you move Myers.

• Like 1

Well the door to the playoffs didn’t completely slam shut on us tonight.

The way in still involves running the table but if there was ever a team to drop 3 down the stretch it’s Dallas.

Edited by DeNiro

4 minutes ago, drdeath said:

Calgary wins and clinches the Pacific Division title. They'll be in full "Let's just have fun and not get hurt" mode on Saturday night when we play them.

A win vs phelgms to end the reg season is always nice. 

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Well the door to the playoffs didn’t completely slam shut on us tonight.

The way in still involves running the table but if there was ever a team to drop 3 down the stretch it’s Dallas.

Possible, but nux need to sweep the remaining games. Long shot given the injuries and fatigue.  See what they have left in the tank. 

Just don't want to see them throw in the towel yet. Still can salvage a bad season with a winning record.