The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Apr. 21, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Honestly, I think Allvin really has to really take a look and identify our core. This is the group I try and preserve going into the coming year(s): 

xxxx - Bo - Garland 

(Hog?) - Petey - Podz 

xxxx - xxxx - xxxx 

Highmore - Lammikko - Lockwood 

Hughes - Schenn 

Dermott - xxxx

Rathbone (if he's ready?) - xxxx 

Demko 

Martin 

I really don't know what to do with Miller or Boeser, I really don't. I don't think we see them both back, but I wouldn't be marred by losing either anymore. It's obvious we can't have both OEL and Myers. While neither has played horribly this year, they are not our third or fourth best players. I wouldn't necessarily blow it up, but if we go into G1 next year without a key addition then I'll be quite upset. 

4 minutes ago, Sedinyoureyesontheprize said:

Please Someone explain why this team can play so good then so $&!# for periods of time. They look like two completely different teams. 

one oozes confidence and a never back down attitude and other is timid and indecisive.  

most frustrating part of it all. 

Part of being good is low variability.

In control is better then good sometimes and bad sometimes.

1 minute ago, Jack Fig said:

I agree the Green mess lasted about 2 weeks longer than it needed to. The team clearly couldn't win anymore and there was no escaping the decision that was coming. 

Yeah I guess they would have made it if Green was fired earlier but we had to fire Benning first to get rid of Green since Benning was still going with Green. Still our weak D would be exposed easily in playoffs.

3 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

His play was absolutely worthy of being singled out. He was the only player who didn't even bother skating when the game was on the line. I'm okay with guys making mistakes, but not even trying and dragging down your line is absolutely worthy of it. 

Sniper Brock with one shot all game.

• Like 1

Convince me otherwise but the Wild are the new Blackhawks for the current Canucks.

The Wild are fast, tough, gritty and littered with quality prospects. They also have a rabid fan base.

Canucks and management can let that sink in what re-tooling properly will look like the next few years - there are NO SHORTCUTS.

Edited by BureBurrito

14 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Well looks like we won't be officially out till until the last 2 or 3 games. Not bad with our terrible start. 

Had Aqua listened to everyone and fired Green and JB 2 week earlier we would be in.  

Or just played out the game against Ottawa when we had the chance.  That cancellation in the winter made no sense, and now it just looks bad.  Instead we jammed an extra game in a high-pressure schedule... for what?  Some ticket sales?

1 minute ago, AngryElf said:

Honestly, I think Allvin really has to really take a look and identify our core. This is the group I try and preserve going into the coming year(s): 

xxxx - Bo - Garland 

(Hog?) - Petey - Podz 

xxxx - xxxx - xxxx 

Hughes - Schenn 

Dermott - xxxx

Demko 

Martin 

I really don't know what to do with Miller or Boeser, I really don't. I don't think we see them both back, but I wouldn't be marred by losing either anymore. It's obvious we can't have both OEL and Myers. While neither has played horribly this year, they are not our third or fourth best players. I wouldn't necessarily blow it up, but if we go into G1 next year without a key addition then I'll be quite upset. 

Myers is gone for sure. If nothing else we will trade him for another's problem. 

I want to see Miller, Boeser, and Garland traded to get a major refresh in the top 6.

Sad thing is we probably ain't gonna get much for Boeser and may have to let him walk. 

OEL ain't going anywhere. Thanks Jim. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, BureBurrito said:

Tell me I'm wrong... the Wild are the new Blackhawks for the Canucks...

The Wild are fast, tough, gritty and littered with quality prospects. They also have a rabid fan base.

Canucks and management can let that sink in what re-tooling properly will look like the next few years - there are NO SHORTCUTS.

Wild only have this season to be successful cuz those parise and suter cap hits gonna cripple them. 

20 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

We rode this team as far as we could. 

Dickinson was useless today like the entire season. Can't score? How about throwing a hit on someone. 

JT's high risk/reward play was all risk today. 

Refs were terrible with some really important no calls. 

Garland and Petey were dynamite. 

Schenn and OEL were the only guys holding the other team accountable. While that's impressive for them, It was pretty pathetic for the rest of the team. 

I do not, and I repeat DO NOT want to see Schenn as the only guy that fights next year. For all the talk of the league getting skilled, faster, etc, teams like Tampa, Florida, Calgary, Rangers, and Minny will still be the ones that make it far with toughness and skill mixed in. 

Ya, Dickinson was awful. I don’t get how someone who is 6’2” and doesn’t hit. Pettersson who is the same height and weighs way less hits way more. You can’t float around at that height and weight. It makes no sense why he doesn’t play physical. He needs to go. A waste of money.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Moe Knows said:

OEL was -3..Schenn and Hunt even...Dermott +2...so ???

Yeah, Dermott's been good.  OEL and Myers weren't at their best but were taking the tough matchups.  When we were carrying the play, the D looked fine and when we weren't, they didn't.  Same as it ever was. 

2 minutes ago, AngryElf said:

xxxx - Bo - Garland 

(Hog?) - Petey - Podz 

xxxx - xxxx - xxxx 

Hughes - Schenn 

Dermott - xxxx

Demko 

Martin 

Miller needs to be re-signed, he is very important and pur 2nd best face off guy. Short of that, he would need to bring 3 good prospects if he is traded. No way Alvin will let him go especially since he is pretty much a 100 point player. Those dont grow on trees.

• Thanks 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, BureBurrito said:

Convince me otherwise but the Wild are the new Blackhawks for the current Canucks.

This year, yes.  Next year they have to dismantle a lot of their team.  Cap hell is the world awaiting them.

1 minute ago, BureBurrito said:

I'll correct you. Cap space. 

They have to dismantle this team this off-season so they better pray they win the whole thing. 

They gonna be in a world of pain starting next season.