The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Maple Leafs sign Hobey Baker winning netminder Dryden Mckay

Looks like he had a helluva season last year (and collegiate career), seems like a good pick up to add to their pipeline, he was busted for doping while claiming innocence (like they all do) so there's that.....anyway, I'm wondering why he signed an AHL (Marlies) contract instead of a 2-way NHL contract? Maybe the Laffs were trying to save a contract spot and have some flexibility?

Thoughts CDC?

Maple Leafs sign Hobey Baker-winning netminder Dryden McKay (msn.com)

Edited by -Vintage Canuck-
Signing tag added.
  • Haha 2

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Signing] Maple Leafs sign Hobey Baker winning netminder Dryden Mckay
2 hours ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

Looks like he had a helluva season last year (and collegiate career), seems like a good pick up to add to their pipeline, he was busted for doping while claiming innocence (like they all do) so there's that.....anyway, I'm wondering why he signed an AHL (Marlies) contract instead of a 2-way NHL contract? Maybe the Laffs were trying to save a contract spot and have some flexibility?

Thoughts CDC?

Maple Leafs sign Hobey Baker-winning netminder Dryden McKay (msn.com)

Wait, doesn't this mean he's technically not a Maple Leaf?  That technically any NHL team can still sign him to a proper contract?

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Wait, doesn't this mean he's technically not a Maple Leaf?  That technically any NHL team can still sign him to a proper contract?

My guess is there's probably some kind of Right of First Refusal provision in his Marlie's contract that gives the Leafs first dibs to sign him at the NHL level.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Leafs get knocked out in the first round...Big changes will come if this happens again..Bruce could have several job offers coming?

Hope  Bruce gets contract extension soon...

I would have to break out my vomit bag if Bruce bolts for the Leafs. He's a Toronto native so I'd be happy for him. But ya, vomit bag time. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 3

58 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Hey, Alf. I've seen you use bonsai before. Bonsai is the art of growing miniature trees. I believe the term you are looking for is banzai, a Japanese battle cry from WW2.

Alf can’t spell:

image.jpeg.a66ab8b7f24a85e3412652a5e0770470.jpeg

• Haha 3