The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[ADSF] Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (A3) | Lightning win series 4-3

Rate this topic

2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Maple Leafs in 4
    • Maple Leafs in 5
    • Maple Leafs in 6
    • Maple Leafs in 7
    • Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/04/2022 at 11:30 PM

Wow indeed.  Outshooting and of course outscoring the defending back-to-back champions is no small feat.

Btw are the Leafs the only team to have their PP setup?  Was very intrigued to see a box and 1 formation (two guys behind the net, two at the points and the net-front guy).  

12 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Do you consider the conduct of the refs to be acceptable?  Yes or no question.

lol, it's interesting that you're trying to box me into a response like that. But if that's my only option, yes. If you allow me to elaborate a bit more, I'd add that I find it ridiculous that people talk about a game being rigged while the number of penalties are fairly close for both teams. That was the case during this game. Some of the penalties were soft yes, but either that's the new norm for this year's playoffs or the refs will be told to tone it down a bit, and for the rest of the series they'll use the traditional "playoffs rulebook".

Edit: nope, that's the new norm.. 6-6 powerplays in the Blues Wild game, 3-3 in the Bruins Canes game and 4-4 in the Kings Oilers game.

Edited by Rubik
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, philtbc829 said:

Leaf Nation must be going nuts at the moment.....but we all know the Lightning ain't going to rollover....

Nuts!???  It’s front page news, every radio channel is speaking of this… every sports station.  Toronto CANNOT WIN!!!    If they make it to the second round it will be disastrous!   

17 hours ago, Rubik said:

I don't particularly root for the Leafs, but this thread was getting ridiculous with the "game/league is rigged" comments. I get it that bashing the Leafs is fun, but come on. Read back a little, it's embarrassing.

Every year there's tons of complaints about there being a different rule book for the playoffs.

Now that things are getting called, there's still complaints. Go figure eh?

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Every year there's tons of complaints about there being a different rule book for the playoffs.

When you expect that the penalties will be called differently in the play offs, and then the league actually follows the same level of officiating as reg season; it can be a bit of an unexpected adjustment.

If the league goes a few years with the same standard in reg and play offs the complaining will diminish.

1 hour ago, Master Mind said:

exactly.

23 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Same people complaining?