The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Devils open to trading 2022 1st-round pick

4 hours ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Guys I hate to say it but with the cap situation and new management trying to make their mark on the team I could see NJD pushing hard for 2nd overall for Hughes and maybe vancouver would think about it. 

angry go cartoons GIF by Cartoon Hangover

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Actually, Miller makes the most sense.

Barring that, they need a goalie badly.  Dipieteo, Boeser and 15 for 2.

But Miller makes the most sense on every possible metric

lol dipietro have 0 value boeser without a long term contract less than his QO have 0 value so 2 toss in + 15 for 2nd? 

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol dipietro have 0 value boeser without a long term contract less than his QO have 0 value so 2 toss in + 15 for 2nd? 

DiPietro doesn’t have zero value, he’s not going to get you a kings  ransom but he’s far from zero value too. 

6 hours ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Guys I hate to say it but with the cap situation and new management trying to make their mark on the team I could see NJD pushing hard for 2nd overall for Hughes and maybe vancouver would think about it. 

What is the obsession with brothers having to play together? No way Vancouver should even remotely consider this especially right now. 

4 hours ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Vancouver needs to find a way to get Geekie. He could play 3rd C right away. Then we don't even really need Miller.

Kuzmenko Pettersson Podkolzin

Garland Horvat Boeser

Hoglander Geekie Pearson

That would be a pretty solid top 9. 

Oh man :picard:

52 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

DiPietro doesn’t have zero value, he’s not going to get you a kings  ransom but he’s far from zero value too. 

ya he's gonna be worth like a late round pick.. based on his development or lack there of.. and the lack of games played since being drafted.. he's not going to move any needle in a trade.. maybe the equivalent of a 4th or 5th rounder atm.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

What is the obsession with brothers having to play together? No way Vancouver should even remotely consider this especially right now. 

I mean, there’s a good chance Quinn could possibly walk and play with his brothers in New Jersey, when he hits free agency.

Who knows what his intentions are in 5 years. If we continue to become a stagnant bubble team. You would think he will hit the open market and likely play with his brothers.

I think you have to really consider it, if NJD offers the 2nd overall pick, Severson,  Sharangovich, and one of Bahl/Smith.

Edited by shiznak

Just now, shiznak said:

I mean, there’s a good chance Quinn could possibly walk and play with his brothers in New Jersey, when he hits free agency.

Who knows what his intentions are in 5 years. If we continue to become a stagnant bubble team. You would think he will hit the open market and likely play with his brothers.

I think you have to really consider, if NJD offers the 2nd overall pick, Severson,  Sharagovich, and Bahl/Smith.

Wouldn’t consider it at this point at all, franchise dman locked up for 5 years at a good cap hit at 22, after setting a franchise points record for a dman. Zero reason to consider it. 

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

ya he's gonna be worth like a late round pick.. based on his development or lack there of.. and the lack of games played since being drafted.. he's not going to move any needle in a trade.. maybe the equivalent of a 4th or 5th rounder atm.

Even then he isn't exactly a guy you'd spend that on if you needed NHL help. Waiver-wire could net you something more better and experienced during season for free. Even spending assets for an actual credible NHL G seems more viable during season. 

For overall depth you have the draft and rookie RFA Gs could be had from Europe or NCAA.

DiPietro has had an off-year. Teams would probably want to pry Martin if they wanted a G from us or look elsewhere for a G

24 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Wouldn’t consider it at this point at all, franchise dman locked up for 5 years at a good cap hit at 22, after setting a franchise points record for a dman. Zero reason to consider it. 

Idk, a future top 4 defensive core that consists of: OEL, Severson, Bahl, and Nemec, looks very promising. Plus you add in a workhorse in Sharangovich who gives you 20+ goals. 

That would be hard to turn down.

Quinn is aN offensively gifted player, but he’s only one guy. You’re essentially getting 4 NHL quality players for him.

Edited by shiznak
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BPA said:

Just for fun if NJ is desperate…

QH + Poolman + Dickinson 

for

Holtz + Zacha + Siegenthaler or Severson + Bahl + 1st 2022

:P

Quinn Plus the two dumperoos is smart move for sure.  Are we winning any time soon?  I'd be offering up Demko too, and going full on (bottom dive) five year rebuild.

If we can get lots of top picks by trading Hughes (and others) then we need to do that. 

Are our top three young players (Demko, Hughes, Petey) as good as what other teams have in their top guys?  Are we top ten in that group?  Hard to win a Cup, if that's the goal, with what we have.

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Quinn Plus the two dumperoos is smart move for sure.  Are we winning any time soon?  I'd be offering up Demko too, and going full on (bottom dive) five year rebuild.

If we can get lots of top picks by trading Hughes (and others) then we need to do that. 

Are our top three young players (Demko, Hughes, Petey) as good as what other teams have in their top guys?  Are we top ten in that group?  Hard to win a Cup, if that's the goal, with what we have.

we need a thread/poll on the full dumperoo option. I wonder how much support there would be for that?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

NJ has no quality goaltending prospects ready for the NHL.  DiPietro is a rookie goalie but not without value.  Come on now.

Boeser is still a player with sparkling analytics numbers somehow and a guy who has teased the 30 goal mark a few times in his career.  He absolutely fits the timeline and mold that NJ needs and has.

Miller himself going out the door would be enough for that 2nd because, again.  He fits exactly what NJ has stated they want/need.

With Boeser and Miller the only question marks are contracts, with Boeser being from Minnesota and JT Miller being from Ohio, NJ is literally an hour flight from either's home.  NJ has the cap space.

So...2 assets + 15 for #2 or Miller for #2++

Just now, Warhippy said:

NJ has no quality goaltending prospects ready for the NHL.  DiPietro is a rookie goalie but not without value.  Come on now.

Boeser is still a player with sparkling analytics numbers somehow and a guy who has teased the 30 goal mark a few times in his career.  He absolutely fits the timeline and mold that NJ needs and has.

Miller himself going out the door would be enough for that 2nd because, again.  He fits exactly what NJ has stated they want/need.

With Boeser and Miller the only question marks are contracts, with Boeser being from Minnesota and JT Miller being from Ohio, NJ is literally an hour flight from either's home.  NJ has the cap space.

So...2 assets + 15 for #2 or Miller for #2++

To get Jersey's 2nd overall (2022) will cost Hughes.  They would add a lot to the top pick to get Hughes (and put the brothers together) too. 

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

To get Jersey's 2nd overall (2022) will cost Hughes.  They would add a lot to the top pick to get Hughes (and put the brothers together) too. 

If NJD want Quinn Hughes, it would have to be a return of Eric Lindros proportions...

Hischier, Sharangovich, Holtz, Graves, 2nd OA,

8 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

I wouldn't be against it if the package was right.  Sending out one elite player and bringing in potentially 3 elite players back is pretty tempting

20 minutes ago, HKSR said:

If NJD want Quinn Hughes, it would have to be a return of Eric Lindros proportions...

Hischier, Sharangovich, Holtz, Graves, 2nd OA,

They'd be sending back an established veteran back with salary I'd think.......Severson would be my guess.  Sharangovich, Holtz, Severson and their 2nd OA for Hughes and something else, maybe Klim?

Just now, stawns said:

They'd be sending back an established veteran back with salary I'd think.......Severson would be my guess.  Sharangovich, Holtz, Severson and their 2nd OA for Hughes and something else, maybe Klim?

Yeah that would make sense, but only under the condition that we would have an extension in place for Severson first.

• Cheers 1