The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Canucks targetting Copp, Mikheyev, and Lazar

27 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

What are your thoughts on paying a 36 year old 9mill a season to get 60 points?

the cap will be $100 mil by the time miller is 36, so that would be totally fine, actually. 

30 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

What are your thoughts on paying a 36 year old 9mill a season to get 60 points?

I'm 100% on team trade Miller, but if he was still picking up those types of points at 36 I'm all in resigning him. That sounds incredibly optimistic.

• Cheers 1

16 hours ago, billabong said:

Copp is a 7 yr/5.5m 

mikheyev is a 4yr/3m 

just so everyone is fully aware of what could happen 

Paul and deslaurier are high on my list as well 

I think Copp will demand 7 X 6 - 6.5 million... Rangers will be targeting Copp 27, C/W  6'2, 210 lbs---- NYR GP 16-- PTS 18 -- Playoffs GP 20--PTS 14

I think Rangers will sign Copp and trade rights to Strome 28, 6'1 - C/W - --UFA

Interesting to see which player Rangers sign...

5 hours ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Lol no. Rick is horrible. Copp would be the worst choice ever. A 3rd liner on a 7 year 5+m deal. That is literally David Clarkson 2.0.

He's a quality support piece, you do not pay support pieces that much money when you have nobody to drive the 3rd line. 

People needs to ask themselves before making these suggestions. Copp goes from solid 3rd liner on a bad team, to a great 3rd liner on a top 4 team. You put him on this roster and what player do you think you will get? I don't see him as a 2nd liner, that's way too low of a bar to be setting if our goal is to win a cup eventually.

Mikeyev is OK but not for what he will command. Again going from the most offensive team to our team...You would only see regression

Copp can for sure be a #2 centre he showed it with NYR.. With the Jets he was behind 1.Wheeler  GP65 -- PTS 60 ---2.Scheifele GP67 -- PTS 70

Copp 27, 6'2 - 210lbs, for good player for a team next season.. Look at his numbers with Rangers getting opportunity as 2nd line centre..

GP 16 - PTS 18--- Played great in playoffs....

3 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Heard that as well, I wouldn't mind Sanford and Rooney on that 4th line.  As for Lazar, at least he's a right-shot C, something they don't have on the big team. Maybe they see something in him to be the #3C?  

Bottom 6:

Dickinson - Lazar - Highmore

Sanford - Rooney - Lockwood

Would this be better than what they had?

That's two fourth lines. We need a completely different 3rd line, or at least one with a better center, a bit of youthful scoring and upside, and maybe some toughness.