The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Andrei Kuzmenko

4 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

????

oh i was just saying before when all signs was pointing to kuzmenko lightly signing with the oilers a lot of ppl are saying he's going to be nothing special and be like all other KHL player that came here does nothing and goes back to russia now that he signed with the canucks did their opinion all of a sudden changed and now he's hyped as the calder trophy favorites lol

To everyone saying it was a no brainer that he would sign in Edmonton.

You were right. It would take someone with no brain to sign in Edmonton. Luckily AK seems to be pretty smart!

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

oh i was just saying before when all signs was pointing to kuzmenko lightly signing with the oilers a lot of ppl are saying he's going to be nothing special and be like all other KHL player that came here does nothing and goes back to russia now that he signed with the canucks did their opinion all of a sudden changed and now he's hyped as the calder trophy favorites lol

Sounds a bit like confirmation bias. You saw the comments you want to see.

Great news with signing of Kuzmenko 26, 5'11, 195 lbs...Allvin and management team did a great job adding this talented player.. Lets see how good he is after 30 games NHL is faster then KHL and more gritty... So new country and adjusting to new systems..Lets hope he gets off to a great start.. Will help having Podkolzin on the team...They also played together in the KHL...

GP 75 -- G 18 --PTS 34--38 -( 13--15 mins.) ...would be a good first season lets not have high expectations..Great signing and helps depth of forwards..

Going to be a exciting off season its just starting...

Go Canucks Go !

2 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

Sounds a bit like confirmation bias. You saw the comments you want to see.

not really go thru the thread it's everywhere lol i love the signing myself a free asset.. but there was enough ppl here salty and expected him to go to edmonton with mcdavid and already started comparing him to all the KHL bust that came over in their mid 20s

Just now, wai_lai416 said:

not really go thru the thread it's everywhere lol i love the signing myself a free asset.. but there was enough ppl here salty and expected him to go to edmonton with mcdavid and already started comparing him to all the KHL bust that came over in their mid 20s

For every person that said that there was likely level headed people tempering expectations but those didn't stick out in your mind. 

9 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Takes a village...not the one man banjo band that was here.

The Jim Rutherford effect on display in full force.  "Kuzmenko was impressed"...now it's his turn to impress JR, PA, BB and earn that multi-year multi-million dollar ELC+1 contract. 

Pulling for Kuzmenko to be everything that he's been advertised to be.  Nice work, Jim, Patrick, Bruce and Dan (Milstein), to make this a reality.

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Bruce has Ovi’s seal of approval as well.  I’ve read a few times his visit was a big factor in this decision.

Along with Allvin’s past relationship with him it’s nice to finally get a positive outcome on one of these sweepstakes for once.  Nice to add a high skill LW into the fold after Hoglander had an off year.

Tons of firepower heading into next season as it stands.

47 minutes ago, J-P said:

It's a win no matter how you slice it. Think Allvin maybe had more to do with this than most realize.

I read somewhere earlier that Alvin started working on signing Kuz before the ink dried on his contract to become GM of the Canucks. 

He worked for a long time and very hard to get Kuz.

Alvin made Kuz decide he was most likely going to be a Canuck well before the interview tour to the other 4 teams. Him and his agent just doing due diligence and hearing the pitches from other teams. See how other teams approached the process. But Kuz knew unless something spectacular happened during trips to these other teams he was going to be a Canuck.

Alvin had been selling Vancouver and making Kuz feel Canucks saw him as a core piece for the next 5+ years. Alvin had built a connection months ago.  

• Upvote 1